1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkblaze56

darkblaze56 Active Member

Thank you so much, so it is possible to transfer save files.

Do you happen to know how the ROM works on AceKard and if I need patches, also if there's any updated English patches?

2. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

YEAH!!!! And its 99% Without Freezed!!!!!

Soul Silver V3b TRANSLATION

Megaupload Trans.patch V3b: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRZ0TL3Z

Heart Gold V3b TRANSLATION

Megaupload Trans.patch V3b: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZAZGSSP

99% NO FREEZE!!! I have one yesterday in 4 Hours, i mean, who cares?
    And its for M3! And without Pokegear Bug!!!! Better than the patch before!!!!!!

3. Ampleforth

Ampleforth New Member

It says it can't read the data and to reset. ROM is bad for your flash cart.

If for some reason that's a pic of your emulator change NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to Flash 512KBytes

4. costas94

costas94 Member

Thanks Evil.It works flawlessly(I have been playing for an hour on No$gba)!!!No crashes,no freezes anymore!!!For everyone who wants to keep his save file like me(going for misty),rename the ROM not the SAV file,like mentioned above.

P.S:I lost my AR codes but I can find them again :p

5. stupapro34

stupapro34 Member

Version 4 of the English patch is out, I'm not sure how much it changed from 3b, but he seems to be moving along quickly with it..

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194342

6. shrang

shrang New Member

I used an AR code to get past the blacking out issue at the start (020DD9E4 E1A00000), but now there's a problem with saving. After I play 4 hours of the game, every time I save, the game goes "Rom image crashed". Anyone now how I might be able to get past this (Hopefully without having to restart my game)??

7. Scuber

Scuber New Member

First off this a note to everyone playing SS or HG via R4.

I've personally tried a few different patched versions of the Rom but I was unable to avoid the chances where the game would freeze randomly after 30-45mins or so. I decided to just bare with it and simply just enjoy the game. However, after achieveing the 3rd badge in Goldenrod the game started to freeze every 3 black screens and everytime i tried to save, which obviously made the game pretty unplayable; so i headed back to my search and found a perfect solution.

The following links are updated and patched Roms @ version 3.5 (including English translation):

Soul Silver - http://www.mediafire.com/?wmoazzzjkuz
    Heart Gold - http://www.mediafire.com/?mwytyyzut42

This version of the Rom prevented all freezing issues and I am now able to play for hours with no problems. I take no credit for these files and I'm only assuming the Heart Gold Rom is just as beneficial as the Soul Silver (the version i'm currently playing).

I hope this helps a few of you out there.

8. Any advances on the non-English patching scene? Haven't heard anything recently.

CycloDS users: the team's working on firmware v.1.56, but it's still in beta and reported to break Scribblenauts while fixing HGSS. I'm waiting for the gold release, but for those who are impatient and/or who want to beta test and report bugs to the team, just thought I'd let you know.

9. chukapi

chukapi Guest

Sir Scuber.. Does that work on any flashcart? like my r4sdhc? i would just want to know before i download it..

10. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

Its not that bad. (Well, for me, i use R4i and it only freezes every hour mabye more or less) I save it after most battles (Not wild 'mon, but trainers) and when i catch a new one. AND, if you turn it off once in a while, it won't freeze! (With leaf patch)

11. chidori1

chidori1 Member

Well im not sure about all these new patchs coming out but for R4 users I say use kanoWAR's patch it can be found on page 13 or 14 im already got the 7th badge and fight team rockets base

12. zed102493

zed102493 New Member

i am playing my soul silver on my NDS..and..tsktsktsktsk ...its great.. but the game freezes alot!!what is the problem? is there a solution?thanks.. BTW i downloaded my soul silver at romulation.net

13. chidori1

chidori1 Member

Uh yea its locked you need to patch it

Download kanoWAR's prepatched rom of soul silver or heart gold on page 13 or 14 of this thread I have his patch and I got the 7th badge and invading rockets base

14. Reygok

Reygok Member

Pfff, I tried already 3 different pathes from this tread, and no one ompletely removes the freezes... If there is no one like this, WHIcH one is the best? I mean, the one who removed most of the freezes ^^

Thanks in advane for the answers

15. chidori1

chidori1 Member

It depends what program your using but if your using R4DS then use kanoWAR's prepatched rom, it has a battle freeze like every 50-1 hour but that's nothing THX GOD it does not have black screens of death, and pokegear bug, kanoWAR's patch is on page 13 or 14 of this thread

16. Scuber

Scuber New Member

I'm not entirely clued up on all the sub codes; but if it has "Revolution for DS" printed, you have the same flash cart as myself.
    I understand KanoWar's patch maybe just as effective. But i'm only giving my own personal experience and file reference that has solved my freezing problem.

17. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

I tried the rudolph Anti-Freeze patch for my Heart Gold on the R4 SDHC flash cart and it works perfectly.

No 45-50 min freeze, no pokegear bug, no nothing. I'm glad I came on this forum lol

18. Reygok

Reygok Member

I have a Supercard DS1 and the last patch I tried out was on page one, posted by mds64. With that one, I atually played for 2 hours without a freeze, but it always freezed after saving. Yes, after, beause it atually saved! So, save, reset, ontinue playing. At first I thought the other ommon freezes were gone, but... So, is there another good patch?

19. BSNAllstar

BSNAllstar Well-Known Member

I recommend trying out the anti-freeze patch from rudolph. My game doesn't freeze anymore. It's a couple of pages back, in evilclown's post.

20. rebell45

rebell45 Member

yes rudolphs patch worked perfect
    for my m3 card
    i played 26 hours without freeze and blackouts
    wifi works
    yessss
    !!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.