1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diablo361

Diablo361 Well-Known Member

for some reasons clowns crashed 2nd time i used it.
    patched it myself. works now! :)

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

OK I tried EvilClowns HGSS downloads... and it FAILED!

I know I'm doing something wrong with my no cash because everyone here has there's running on NO$GBA 2.6a and I draged and droped the ROM file on no$ and got this message

"Encryped Cartridge, requires files BiosNds7.rom and BiosNds9rom"

Like I said before I the plug in play thing thats what I meant! I have no idea what thoes things are ??? and its not working I did change the No$gba to start with the NDS menu and it still gets that message followed by
    "ROM IMAGE CRASHED"

then after that I decided to try it on my Flash cart "ACEKARD2i"

and as soon as the game starts up I get the white screen and it freezes!
    and no its not my flashcart because I tried earlier ROMs from this forum and they let me play for a good 20minutes sometimes a hour

but Evil clown yours did not work with my flash cart "AK2i" and I have no idea how to fix it for NO$gba

3. stupapro34

stupapro34 Member

This is a link to evilclownbobo's patch pack. Download that and extract it. Inside the rom decrypter folder will have the 3 files you need (firmware.bin, BIOSNDS7.ROM and BIOSNDS9.ROM) All you have to do is move those files into the folder where you have your no$gba.exe
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jglnkcetmdw

4. chidori1

chidori1 Member

Idk how the setup for evilclowns patch pack is but what you most of the time need to do is download the patch then take the rom put it in the same folder as the patcher then drag and drop it into the patcher (don't open the patcher, just drag the rom over the patch.bat icon and drop it and it should start patching but idk how the setup is for evilclowns so idk if this will help)

5. Eltoshen

Eltoshen Member

Meh, the game is going by decently on my Supercard. I've beat Whitney and am in Morty's town right now. It still freezes every now and then, though. >_>

6. dragneon007

OH Gawd FINALLY!!! Thank you!! and evil clown! Your not so evil ;) It works on my NO$GBA with all this tec talk I was starting to think no one understood what I was talking about especially after I said "plug n play"

NOW! if I can get this to work on my Acekard2i I would kiss YOU OR ANYONE!
    Soooo anyone have a working acekard2i ROM? comon people share :-[

7. xandercatalinac

xandercatalinac Active Member

ok so which is the best translated with no freeze or blackscreen, patch for soulsilver for r4 1.25 or 1.18

8. Alexhua

Alexhua Member

I would use CSL00's patch/instructions on page 16 I think. I am using it on my Acekard2i and it hasn't had any problems but some translations are off (Blackwood City) but thats much more minor when you're cruising with no freezing or black screens.

9. dragneon007

How do you make the Rom work? like what steps exactly because the readme files sometimes talk in tecnolingo that I have no idea what some of thoes things are

some readme files are easier then others.. but some are just way to Cold
    so could you tell me the exact steps you did? please lol

oh and does yours work on wifi?

10. yuixagain

yuixagain Member

hey evil clown, just then i was doing hw, so didn't try it out until a while ago. played it for half an hour, and it WORKS~WOOOOOOT, THANK YOU EVIL CLOWN XDXD U SAVED ME XDXDDD, i'm gonna play for it longer to see if it still works XDXD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH-Y EVIL CLOWN XDXD

11. Commander23

Commander23 New Member

So is there a patch that is 100% of R4 yet? If so, is there a link to the patch? Ty in advance guys :D

12. kaiz91

kaiz91 New Member

Anyone can help me please? My NDSL keep freezes and sometimes shows black screen and wont continue the game. Example : running in the wild grass and suddenly hang or freezes. My FLASH CART is DDST. If anyone has a patched version(English Menus and some translations and NO FREEZES and BLACK SCREEN) of soul silver and gold heart can you paste the link here pls , i really appericate it very much. ^^

13. pinak

pinak Member

When i try to run it tells me this, [​IMG]

14. chidori1

chidori1 Member

For anyone using R4 with the latest update (v1.18) use KanoWAR's patch Im using it and its great no black screens of death, there is a battle start freeze like every 2 hours but if you played a unpatched rom or a badly patched rom your will be like "battle freeze every 2 hours so this game is perfect" XD im already going to get my 5th badge

Edit: oh yea kanoWAR's patch for SS or HG can be found on page 13 or 14 of this thread soo just look on those pages for the link

Edit 2: XD srry for all the edits, the game is also prepatched so just download put in your R4 and play ^_^

15. evilclownbobo

evilclownbobo Active Member

Sorry about the long delay in posting people. For some reason, the site wasn't working for me almost all day.
    Anyways, I didn't realize that those 2 BIOS & Firmware files didn't come w/ NO$GBA (it's been quite a while since i've downloaded it). I just assumed they did.
    My mistake.

ANYWAYS, here's the link to my NO$GBA folder (without my saves, of course :p). Also comes with NO$ZOOM for your enjoyment:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wgxng5zywyg

16. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

i made a little mistake here you are supposed to drag and drop the unpatched rom On TO apply patch.bat. Anyways there is a new version with the anti-freeze untouched but with more things translated (some trainers names,all cities, all routes etc).
    Here are the links:

Heart Gold: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPQI68VY

Soul Silver: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTU1INKS

I,ve been playing these newer version for almost 3 hours (total of 11 hours, 9 of them on these 2 patches) without any freezes or BSODs. i am past the 3rd gym and have had no freezes whatsoever. I use a original R4 with kernel 1.18. the due credits are on the readme files.
    Post Merge: [time]1253058981[/time]
    Oh and i have been to GTS, seen battle videos, WiFi plaza and seen other people boxes (no lvl to battle). The new patches don't have apply patch.bat instead you drag the clean rom to "DragUntrimmedROMhere.bat".

17. darkblaze56

darkblaze56 Active Member

Scratch That.

I'm just going to get an AceKard 2.1. Will it work on this just fine with no freezing? Does anyone have a patches for the ROM that would fix any problems with it on AceKard? As well as the newest English Patch too?

Thanks,
    darkblaze

18. biggsyke

biggsyke New Member

Hey Mr.Smackdown, is there an update of this version with the latest English patch release?

19. darkblaze56

darkblaze56 Active Member

I have another question.

I've been playing on the no$emulator, is it possible to transfer the save file on the no$emulator to the AceKard so I can just continue?

20. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You will need to convert the save file format using http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.