1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon games: growing or failing

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by clyffe28, May 9, 2008.

1. deanw

deanw Member

Pokemon really is becoming less and less creative. The newer pokemon look stupid and not to mention their names. I liked yellow since you get all the cool pokemon in the first season like charmander bulbasor and squirtle. that is one of the other things i hate about pokemon. You cannot catch the other starters. Gold was my favorite pokemon game though. Totodile and larvitar are 2 of my favorite pokemon.(charizard is 1 larvitar is 2 and totodile is 3.)

2. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

So why don't they base some of the Pokes on mythological figures and stuff like that? Izanagi and Izanami would make a pair of damn badass legendaries. Of course, they'll have to stay clear of figures such as Lucifer. I doubt any Christian parent would feel comfy about something like that.

3. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

Izanagimon and Izanamimon haha

..could work

4. paper

paper New Member

Depends on how people see it.

5. musiclegend14

a lot of people probably don't even know who they are in the first place

6. Girate

Girate Guest

Lol yer its boring now. Really boring. They need to make it different and new

7. EmmaGebz

EmmaGebz Well-Known Member

Some of the new Pokemon make you wonder why some one even bothered to create them. I think they should start to focus less on new Pokemon and more on the game itself

8. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Poke'mon get less and less creative. They become outdated has-beens after a month. the game is repetitive as well because for every new release, the gameplay is still pretty much the same. Everyone is already having a Poke'mon burn out.

9. musiclegend14

they should make one last game after heart gold and soul silver, that has all of the region and all of the pokemon with an intense story that ends the series in a badass way. Just do something epic and end the pokemon franchise because it isn't getting any better and i don't think the developers plan on trying to make it better.

10. Girate

Girate Guest

The pokemon is all the same and now its really starting to get boring. They need to change it and bring more pokemon in or make them look different

11. musiclegend14

bring more pokemon in? the more they bring in the less attractive and cool they are

12. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

i think when the storyline improves, it wouldn't be fail anymore

13. Girate

Girate Guest

Pokemon is failing. Its been going for to long.

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I think they did better than the Advance ones. They added more useful shit this time, like added evolutions that are actually used, instead of a few new pokemon, new evolutions, but they'll never ever see the light of day because they suck.

15. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

They need to Compleatly rewrite the story(not just tweak it a little) like Dungeon explorer kept my glued untill i finished it for the simple fact that it was so diffrent to the previous titles

16. HumrH360

HumrH360 Well-Known Member

Focus less on ordinary Pokes and center in on legendaries and storyline. As I said before, there are plenty of mythological figures that would make completely badass Pokemon (Izanagi & Izanami, Orpheus & Eurydice, etc.) The lack of a decent storyline is also a problem. Kids need to know that no matter what, there is ALWAYS somebody above you, rendering the trek to being the Pokemon Champion essentially pointless (to me anyway). Heck, even the protagonist in Colosseum had a love interest. I pretty much went Alex Louis Armstrong (FMA) at the end of the game.

17. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

Yeah

18. musiclegend14

any ideas on how they could do that? like what the story would look like?

19. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

like for instance you can "mod' your player and the game changes around your style like if you use a bunch of high attack pokemon then your charicter will act like a jock or something like that

20. musiclegend14

that doesn't really change the story, just the appearance and personality of you character.