1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon EMerald need help naw!!

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by MaetriArch, Jun 16, 2007.

1. MaetriArch

MaetriArch Member

I beat the champion, but when he save my data etc etc, i reset the game and when i load again, the data is corrupted! Well, i play using vba in pc.. but still.. Any suggestion how to avoid that?

ANybody know how to trade pokemon with other players in pc? There isn't any option of link cabelling etc.. But i hear my fren can trade with his brother.. Is this true?
    thx in advance..

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

VBALink can emulate a link cable using a computer network.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You have to change the save type, BEFORE you beat the pokemon champion.

4. MaetriArch

MaetriArch Member

well, how to operate the network comp? I ???

5. Loonylion

you need two computers on a local area network

6. MaetriArch

MaetriArch Member

Oh i see... Means with my current condition no trading is available :-[

7. Seph

Actually you can use a single computer to do it, it doesn't function very well though, just open two instances of the emulator and make sure it doesn't pause when it's in the background.

There's a detailed guide on the vbalink page.

8. MaetriArch

MaetriArch Member

Well sir, i have tried that once, i set the emu, but when i talk to the gals in the upper level of th PC, she just told me that the link cable is not connected :mad:.. I don't understand how.. ??? ??? ???.. umm, what's a vba link page ??? ??

9. Loonylion

he means on the website

10. Seph

http://vbalink.info/vba-link-help.htm

It has a guide on single computer trading, I tried it once, it didn't work that well though.

11. MaetriArch

MaetriArch Member

right sir and miss, but after i downloaded the new version of vba compatible to linking, after i start my pok.emerald, after i tried to trade treecko to mudkip, suddenly both GBA suddenly work very slow and stop working at all... oooh.. How do i fix diz if i may ask?

12. Seph

There's something on the official site about save games. I believe you have to import it, you can't simply open it.

13. MaetriArch

MaetriArch Member

Import it ??? ??? ???

14. Seph

Please, as I said earlier, check the official site for information on using save games from VBA. It is NOT the same emulator, you cannot expect it to simple just work.

I found the information myself once before so it's definitely possible to find.

There is absolutely no reason for us to write about it since it has already been covered by the official site, we have better things to do than reinvent the wheel.