1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Diamond - Ultimate team. - UPDATED READ AGAIN

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by DorTheScripter, Apr 4, 2008.

1. shadowjraider

shadowjraider Active Member

Go to serebii.net -> 4th Gen Pokemon of the Week. Best place to find strats for each of their picked pkmn.

I'm tryin to find a well-rounded team myself. Have Torterra, Empoleon, and Infernape, keeping those. Had a Magnezone, Altaria, and Spiritomb, but felt strange to have those on my team (felt like they did not give enough type coverage, surprisingly). I'm thinking {Aggron/Steelix/Bastiodon}, {Dragonite/Flygon/Garchomp}, and {Ampharos/Alakazam/Gallade}.

I'm getting tired of going around and around, but don't want to be stuck with 2 steel or 2 fighting types on my team.

Used to have Diamond, and started with Infernape (Chimchar), and had a Steelix on my team... it was a good run, but I don't want to use Steelix again, it'd be boring. Had Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, and Floatzel (shiny in wild) - a basic team with good coverage, did well in competitive battling as well (with the exception of Luxray being slow).

Opening some ideas here.
    Not trying to hijack this thread. I'm serious! ;)

EDIT: Best team I got: (pokesav'd - max EV, IV, Condition, shiny, altered abilitites, natures, moves)

Infernape (Nature - Hasty) (Max stat - Spd) (Ability: Levitate) - Aura Sphere, Heat Wave, Flare Blitz, Close Combat. (You can add earthquake instead of heat wave or aura sphere).
    Torterra (Nature - Brave) (Max stat - Atk) (Ability: Rock Head) - Giga Drain, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Wood Hammer
    Empoleon (Nature - Modest) (Max stat - Sp. Atk) (Ability: Levitate) - Surf, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon/Hydro Pump, Aeroblast
    Dragonite (Nature - Lonely) (Max stat - Atk) (Ability: Rock Head) - Volt Tackle, Ice Beam/Fire Punch, Fly, Dragon Rush
    Gallade (Nature - Adamant) (Max stat - Atk) (Ability: SpeedBoost) - Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Close Combat
    Tyranitar (Nature - Adamant) (Max stat - Atk)(Ability: Levitate) - Crunch, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Stone Edge

Shadow

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

gamefaqs and the like have competition faqs with similar strategies.

what is this? a "little marriland?"

if the original poster is referring to HM slave, I'm assuming he isn't past the E4 or done with the storyline yet.

I would pick the fire starter because the only other decent fire type up until the national dex is Infernape which is a great OU poke.

there is no ultimate team...
    only strategies that are countered by other strategies.

3. happy_potato

happy_potato New Member

hmmm.. my team seemed so random after i read this

groudon
    Tortera
    frossglas
    palkia
    glaceon
    cradily

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

The team's broken :D Ubers are not permitted within most matches

The Uberlist is more of a ban list.

5. insanecrazy07

a mix of 3 ubers with 3 OUs are usually acceptable.

i used to play like that.

6. the7eleven

the7eleven Well-Known Member

If you don't care about legendaries or any pokemon then look go to google and do a search and get a list of the top tier pokemon usually they are top tier because of the moves and their stats.(tiers are sort of like levels if you didn't know)
    Then select your pokemon from the top tier and then make sure to max out the stats possible best suited for it.(EVs and IVs) IVs and EVs can be done with cheating but however you can go overboard with the EVs making them extremely cheap =/
    From what I remember Darkrai, and wobuffet should be a top tier there are others too but that's from what I recall.
    Darkrai because of the speed and his sleeping attacks, draining abilities as well as decent HP.
    For wobuffet it has counter and mirror coat which reflects double the damage counter for physical and mirror coat for non-physical, next he has destiny bond so you'll bring him down with you no matter what, as well as safeguard to protect himself from the status effects.
    But top tiers and legendaries are usually banned from tournaments. Enjoy =)

7. insanecrazy07

TR4Q.

anyway, darkrai is more a theoretical pokemon, because i did have a sweet setup with him, except he dies really quick against a kyogre.

that 90% sleep rate is nice, but that doesn't really help that much if you have dream eater or any sleep dependent moves since the user usually switches out after that.

darkrai should stay in the OU category simply for its stats. It's a slightly better version of gengar with a cheap move.

8. the7eleven

the7eleven Well-Known Member

well darkrai is good for 2 on 2 I guess since dark void can sleep 2 pokemon so even if they switch one the other will be asleep and when they switch I guess darkrai can be a shuffler(one that inflicts status' upon the opponent's party)
    Darkrai can also be a sweeper too with it being able to learn quite a few moves.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Usually sleep clauses are included, so Darkrai isn't good

10. insanecrazy07

i made one of my friends a paraflinch togekiss to play on PBR online and it is so funny seeing a togekiss take out 6 ubers.

plus a 2v2 kingdra + toxicroak setup is pretty decent.

kingdra uses surf and hits toxicroak @ black sludge.
    pretty much unstoppable unless you manage to kill either one in one hit.