1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poke'mon Butt/Wipe & Crap/Brown *Rant

Discussion in 'Rants' started by nu885, May 29, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I went off pokemon a long time ago, its just the same game over and over, nothing really changes.
    I dont understand why people still buy it, but then again i dont understand why people buy fifa 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10. there all the same and your hundreds of pounds poorer!

2. AKOMISMO123

AKOMISMO123 Well-Known Member

Where did you get the Dratini that earlier ow in the game?

Did you trade it?

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Same (or slightly modified) game mechanics, different content. Just because they haven't changed the setup drastically does not mean it is the same game.

4. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

One thing that they should change immediately is the storage system options. Can't they just use a single option for withdraw and deposit instead of two? That makes things like changing all 6 pokémon a pain.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the "Move" option. I always use it since I'm never just depositing or just withdrawing.

6. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Do they really need to include another option to do both things while keeping the old two ones?

7. LuckyTrouble77

I saw having the two other options as unnecessary for myself, but everybody plays differently.

8. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

they are unnecessary in my opinion as well. ive been playing HeartGold at my 6th badge on no$gba (finally got it to block the AP for the most part through AR codes) and was thinking that another thing they should put more effort into was the "game corner" i can understand why they dont, but i loved the new "voltorb" mini-game. its very easy once you figure it out .. i wish they couldve put the slots in with it.. or a "memory" type card game.. or better yet add the actually trading card game in as a side quest like in the final fantasy 7,8,9 series. i doubt they could add it on a cartridge even though science shows us that you can fit more than 16gig on a tiny flashdrive. the trading card game was sweet action on the gameboy too bad the 2nd one didnt get released in the US

9. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

The Voltorb game is basically a mix of sudoku and minesweeper

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Whitney is the only genuine gym leader who can put up a fight even with pokemon that can beat her pokemon easily

11. OWNPROGRAM

OWNPROGRAM Member

You know, I am a poke-maniac and proud of it (if you have HG/SS, get your mystery gift. They just put out a new one.) but I think even I have to admit that the games are starting to get a little old. Not only that, I think 500 pokemon is a little bit of over-kill. That said, I'll still go out and buy the new games when they come out.

12. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

pokemon is too goddamn amazing screw you and your life

13. LuckyTrouble77

k. Name a time and a place. I don't mind if it's public, people watching makes it that much better. <3 <3 <3

Replace buy with pirate, and we have the same view. :D

14. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Pokemon has become boring.
    I went to Shoddy Battle, Smogon and all that.
    It was awesome at first. Online battles were a blast.

But Pokemon became boring and repetitive. I didn't even finish SS and I was a Pokemon fanatic at the time.

I hope that Pokemon Black/white will reignite my passion for these little creatures.

15. Diablo361

Diablo361 Well-Known Member

Lol I see butthurt fans of the originals.

Don't like? Don't play.

Why change the core mechanics of something that sells, and continues to sell, extremely well, second to only Mario?

Have you people not learnt your lesson about how changing the core gameplay brings about the ruin of a series?

A lot of series don't change much. Mario is still doing his thang from 30 years ago. Link's still slicing up baddies. Halo's still a FPS.

Pokemon is still the same as it was 13 years ago. And it should stay that way.

@ Those ranting on story

Games do not need a story to work. Heck, if most game plot were written into movies/books, they'd be universally panned. Game stories SUCK. Cliched, trite garbage. Nobody really plays a game for a story, gameplay is what matters.

16. dt123

dt123 Well-Known Member

The pokemon games are aimed at younger gamers so theyre probably going to keep it pretty basic.

17. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

Pokemon isn't that bad...

18. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

pokemon is awesome screw you :)

19. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

pokemon is awesome screw you ;D

20. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

Pokemon is awesome,screw you :D