1. This forum is in read-only mode.

POKEMANS!!!...and also them Digimons...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by doughboy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Re: POKEMANS!!!

Played? It was either Blue or Silver.

2. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

I started with Pokemon Green (was on a many-in-one cartridge they sold), realized it was badly translated, moved on to Blue. Then Red, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Sapphire, Ruby, GreenLeaf, FireRed, Diamond, Mystery Dungeon,Platinum, Soulsilver, HeartGold, and then cleared White and is now on Black.

Yes, in that order. Yes, they're the same thing. No, I'm not a diehard. Yes, I have too much time.

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Me too!

I watched the cartoon every f*cking day of my kidhood.

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Pokemon Emerald.

I believe. Hmm, I don't know.

5. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

The first pokemon game I've played was Pokemon Yellow.

I even had the special edition cartridge too.
    Note I say HAD because I can't find it anymore. :p
    Such a shame, that game was the cornerstone of my childhood and the reason for me becoming a gamer. That and I had a Mew in it ;D

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

I remember digimon.

I used to think that the theme song said "Digimon Garlic Champions" instead of "Digimon are the champions" tho.

Maybe I just played too much wario land.

IIRC there was also an exty years later series where all the kids grew up and turned into their mons.

No, not kidding.

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

That was like the 3rd or 4th season, Digimon tamers i think.

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

lol...it seems i have seen pretty much all the digimon seasons but not in any order...

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You might want to change the title, seeing as how we're not discussing Pokemon anymore. Maybe make it a mix between the two?

10. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Beginning year 2000, I played Pokemon Gold (Japan version with 75% half English translation). Then, Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and replay Pokemon Gold in USA version. Next is Silver, Crystal and the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and finally Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black and White.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

when I was in my final year of sixth form (18 years old) I saw one of the year 7s (first year of high school, so 11-12 years old) playing with a digivice, so I went up to him and said 'those were popular when I was younger than you are' He stared at me and stuttered 'but its the newest thing'. I just laughed. Digimon made its first round when I was 9.

12. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yeah, i remember wathcing it like in 5th grade, i believe it is older than pokemon? i remember watching it first anyways. well...
    the first pokemon game i played was pokemon yellow. i loved that game so much!

13. ADMSeraphes

ADMSeraphes Well-Known Member

Played Silver first, progressed into Sapphire, Emerald, then into spin-offs such as Dash, Trozei and Pinball, and then went to Diamond, then Platinum. Recently started playing the new Rangers game for the heck of it.

14. fireemblemfreak

fireemblemfreak Active Member

My favorite one is this : http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/DS/39380_pokemon_black_and_white.jpg
    naw jK but it makes me LOL ...My first Pokemon game was Red. but my fav's are Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge. and the New Anime Dub sucks (I tune in to the Japanese w/subs Instead). Bring The old cast back!

15. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

same here

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

First PKMN game I played was Blue back in... 98? Shit dog... 99? It was so cul I cut class to play it.
    Had 150 PKMN on it too, then my Game Boy Pocket took a shit and died. Although in the end both the cartridge and the Game Boy were held together with electrical tape - half the cartridge casing had been ripped off, exposing the circuit board.
    The Game Boy Pocket would tear through batteries as well; expensive-assed AAA batteries. I ended up barewiring AA and C-sized batteries to the GB, holding them to the back with tape - the heat from the wire and the twisty ties I used made this faint burning smell.

All this to play pokemon - sheesh >_>

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yep pokemon didn't start until I was about 11 nearly 12

18. doughboy

doughboy Guest

sure thing S.I.R...although it seems people are actually responding with a mixture of the two...
    racist..LOL

I also remember trying to memorizing the first 151 Pokémon when I was younger...

19. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I remember singing along to the pokerap song after each episode back then. After just TWO episodes I could sing the entire song by heart.
    Just goes to show how fast kids can pick up on useless stuff :p

20. doughboy

doughboy Guest

He, he...I also did that...
    "Come on kids, let's sing...........Rattata, Pegeotto, Voltorb..."
    But, sometimes it did not make much sense, and there was an awkward pause :D