1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Mrinternetviewer

Mrinternetviewer New Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V5 [Updated]

Hello Can someone help me Ok i changed my Save files name to the name of the Nds but when i load up my save i walk like three steps and it freezes. How do i fix??

2. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

was everything working fine before you changed the name of the sav file? What are you playing on?

3. Mrinternetviewer

ya i can play the save on the original game but when i change the name and play it on the other game with english it fucks up. Btw im playing on DeSmuMe

4. Joseg1320

I did a bit of research because I too wanted to buy a flash cart and I had no idea. I decided to get the Acekard 2i because I think it has better compatibility and is just a better overall cart for the price. The only cart better than the Acekard is the Supercard DStwo in my opinion. So Acekard is in the middle.
    Post Merge: [time]1288295897[/time]
    Try changing the name of the patched .nds to the same name as the original game.

5. Mrinternetviewer

Ya, I tried what you said and it just did the same thing. It so weird! :'(

6. peter917

peter917 Member

ok so when the v5 patch comes out if i order the acekard 2i how would i put it on the card and make it work on my ds lite? and is the r4ds bad?

7. Mrinternetviewer

OK Im going to just start a new game. Thanks for the help tho!

8. Joseg1320

You just get a clean copy of the rom and patch it, then transfer it onto your memory card, the Acekard 2i new firmware, Akaio 1.8.1 has APP to get past the anti piracy. I don't know much about the R4....

9. peter917

peter917 Member

ok so i patch a clean verizon of the rom with the v5 patch. copy it onto my microsd card. download the new akaio 1.8.1 firmware to the acekard? how do i install firmware? and then once firmwares installed just run the game? do i have to do anything about the exp glitch or any other glitches? thank you by the way

10. Dark Hacker

Dark Hacker Active Member

word of advice we dontlike fill out survey first things so....yeah.... dont post links that have such abominations thnx XD
    Post Merge: [time]1288299357[/time]
    Just to be clear this V5 patch is to translate more for the pokemon black/white version right? cause i keep thinking its for the logo cause it says logo patch its kind misleading but confuses the hell outta me.

11. Joseg1320

First you have to format your microsd with the panasonic sd formatter http://filetrip.net/f3618-SDFormatter-Version-2-0-0-3.html

then you will have to download akaio 1.8.1 http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=686&start=0

after that, extract akaio 1.8.1. When it is extracted, open up your microsd, drag and drop _aio folder and akmenu4.nds from the akaio 1.8.1 folder into the microsd card. After that is done, make a new folder in your microsd card and name it Games, or whatever you want. That is where you are going to put your .nds files into. That's pretty much it.

12. kyle28

kyle28 New Member

Do you guys know the changelog of V5?

13. Joseg1320

Don't know the exact thing but the whole story is supposed to be translated.

14. kyle28

kyle28 New Member

Oh ok. I don't want to play it now until it's fully translated, but if the main story is, then I might consider. I'll just see it for myself. Thanks btw!

15. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

So The Updated One Has A Full Translation?

16. Joseg1320

No, the official V5 will have full translation. IDK what the progress is on the updated V5

17. the end is coming

the end is coming New Member

i am having a problem i do not gain exp and for some reason i can not use the patch i downloaded. I use the dusme program and the v5 black update.

18. Dalmasca

Dalmasca Member

Thanks for the information, I was beginning to wonder what was going on with TTDS for a while now and I just never had confirmation about wether or not the officials discontinued support for it. I'll be sure to start using Gbatemps filetrip for my updates. Really, thanks a lot for the help there. Also are you using the unofficial 1.18 firmware to run v5 on? or using Ysmenu? and what patchers did you use? or maybe could you provide me a link with your patched v5 thats working on ttds? that might just be easier to use than trying from scratch. I dont want to make any mistakes and use the wrong stuff. Again I appreciate it.

EDIT: I got it to work, FINALLY! It turns out that instead of using Unofficial TTDS 1.18, I needed to use Updated TTDS 6.321 as well as Totallydood_Black_UnofficialV5_ENG_EXP_patched to make it work on my TTDS, so i'll be following through with those updates from now on, thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. MUCH appreciated!

19. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

Oh, Thanks For Telling Me.

20. Joseg1320

You have to patch the rom with this patch to gain EXP
    http://filetrip.net/f12984-Pokemon-Black-White-FIX-1-0.html