1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V5 [Updated]

Dalmasca,

Try this from John 591 : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=27617.0 If your cart is R4 Original
    Or try iluvfupaburgers's http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0 If your cart is R4 clones, e.g. R4 SDHC

If that still does not work. May be you want to try Wood/WAIO from Coolkill3r: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

Actually, if your problem is only the error -4, you can fix it by editing the extinfo.dat and infolib.dat by yourself using TTDT.exe, but to do that you need to know the GAME ID of the game you want to play. To do that you need to first change your decrypted game rom to encrypted using eNDcryptS.exe and run the encrypted rom on R4CCE.exe to get the actual game ID. After that you have to decrypt back your game rom. Its not difficult process. Ask John 591 about it as he's the person who created the program for TTDT.exe.

You can also opt to replace the TTMENU folder with the one made by Pong and Retro, find the latest version in GBATemp or Filetrip by typing Unofficial TTMENU in the search option.

Sorry can't help further about it, best ask those 3 guys about it.

*** Latest Update info for Wood R4 users. V.1.15 is out !!!***

I found this in filetrip: WOOD R4 v.1.15
    The link: http://filetrip.net/f22028-Wood-R4-1-15.html

Here's the change log I copied from the link;

Change log (v1.15):

core:
    - switched to devkitarm 32.
    - libnds not used now. instead used special fork - libunds.
    - folders with dot as a first symbol never shown.
    - additional 3d engine reset at softreset.
    - touchscreen processing more accurate.
    - .cc files dont used anymore. cheats goes from usrcheat.dat directly. you can delete all *.cc files from your microsd.

interface:
    - rom property dialog speedup.
    - custom icons for file types, folders, nand, microsd, slot2, unknown types. also custom icons in skins.

compability:
    - 'final fantasy - the 4 heroes of light (usa)' fixed.
    - 'final fantasy - the 4 heroes of light (europe)' fixed.
    - 'super scribblenauts (usa)' fixed.
    - 'lufia - curse of the sinistrals (usa)' fixed.
    - 'tenkaichi sengoku lovers ds (japan)' fixed.
    - freezes in underground in 'pokemon - platinum version' at some microsd cards fixed.
    - 'professeur layton et le destin perdu (france)' fixed.
    - 'professor layton und die verlorene zukunft (germany)' fixed.
    - 'crime lab - body of evidence (europe)' fixed.
    - 'super scribblenauts (europe)' fixed.
    - 'professor layton e il futuro perduto, il (italy)' fixed.
    - 'strike witches 2 - iyasu naosu punipunisuru (japan)' fixed.
    - 'professor layton en de verloren toekomst (netherlands)' fixed.
    - 'profesor layton y el futuro perdido, el (spain)' fixed.
    - 'solatorobo (japan)' fixed.
    - 'sims 3, the (europe)' fixed.
    - 'ougon no taiyou - shikkokunaru yoake (japan)' fixed.
    - 'professor layton and the lost future (europe)' fixed.
    Post Merge: [time]1288261241[/time]
    No it does not, partial translation only in V4. I heard they are doing it for V5. Totallydood said it will be out in 31 Oct.

2. shadowlakitu

shadowlakitu Member

Oh, okay, that makes sense.

...is it just me or is this not compatible with the anti-piracy patch? If I have this, I can play with English (but no EXP) and if I have the Child's Play patch, I can play with EXP (but no English). If I combine the two, I get Error -4 on my TTDS.

._.

3. Prectorian

I think its just you.

Did you use a clean rom to patch with the xDelta Patching tool from Kazo? Only after that you patch it over with Rudolph V4.

When using those patching tools if you are using Win Vista/ Win 7, run it in Admin mode or else it will not work. For Mac, use in Compatibility mode.

But if you had done so and still experience it then its something wrong with your YSMENU/TTMENU. You might need to look for updated version.

4. Dalmasca

Dalmasca Member

Prectorian, Thanks very much for all of your help and suggestions.

unfortunately it still didn't work on either topics choices. I dunno if it's because of this being a top toy ds or maybe it's just not meant to work. I know my TTDS is real (also i didnt know these R4 things even worked for the TTDS, for the longest i only used official firmware from their website. xD; )

It's probably something still wrong but even with rudolphs patcher it's still bugged out with err code 4's and 5's. even tried with the ys menu (which looks cool by the way) same result. I'll probably just have to wait for an english dump to release next year, which is a real pity. I'm hoping someone will find a solution beforehand, as I've been waiting very long for this game. even though I'm sure I can wait longer it'd be nice to have something to pass the time. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

5. shadowlakitu

shadowlakitu Member

I downloaded the latest TTMENU thingy, and patch (using xDelta) this onto a perfectly clean ROM (it also happens to work before the patch). Then, I apply Rudolph's patch, and, when I try to play it, it just comes up error -4.

6. Prectorian

TTDS is quite an old cart, like my firelink cart. Maybe someone could find a fix for you. But it sure will take time.

Sorry, didn't help much. Was only suggesting things base on some member's experience in fixing that error code -4.

7. Dalmasca

Dalmasca Member

Although it didn't work theres at least a silver lining to it, learned a lot about patching and editing the libraries which I didn't know how to do before, so it wasn't all bad. Keep up the great work. and yeah, the ttds is pretty old. i've had this cart for over a few years now, hasn't burned out on me yet so i figured i would get the best out of it. Anywho, thanks again guys, take care for now.

8. bendabomb

bendabomb New Member

On the new V5 release, after copying over my save file I found that i no longer had any commands for the battle. (I couldn't attack, run, bag or swap out pokemon) anyone else expirencing this problem?

9. Prectorian

Its unofficial version not yet the official one. Its a continuous update from Totallydood who has been following the updates made to the Github files in Kazo's project forum page. Totallydood said the official version is expected out end of this month.

And, no I have tried it and I have no problem using it.

10. Dunkeldecke

Dunkeldecke Well-Known Member

Thx.

11. benno300

benno300 Active Member

Could someone upload the V5 patched white rom to megaupload or filetrip.
    Or only the V5 patch for white to megaupload or filetrip.

12. B3H3M0T

B3H3M0T Well-Known Member

plea upload xdelta.exe and xdeltagui.exe for pkemon black

13. sajon123

sajon123 Well-Known Member

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cttdnc9m30ltpi4

14. coolysouthkid2

coolysouthkid2 Active Member

How much of the story is actually translated in unofficial v5

15. jordandrako2

jordandrako2 Active Member

Has the Help log in the computer been translated yet?

16. Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V5 [Updated]

dalmasca, when I saw your post, I really thought like "poor guy, I've had the same problem" =D
    The original dstt makers stoped making new firmware for an unknown reason so others took it over.
    You can download the lastest, not official but working firmware for your dstt at http://filetrip.net/c1528-DSTT-Series.html .
    I'm also using a dstt now, and everything worked fine with the unofficial v5 patch and the exp.patch!
    so it might work for you also.

But now I have a question(not specificaly to you):
    when I save my progress, and a new version (for example the official v5) comes out, can I just patch my blank rom with the newest patches, and then rename my OLD save file so it has the same name as the NEW patched rom, and then just keep it up at where I saved?
    'cause I don't want to start all over again!

maybe some of these questions are already asked, sorry for that..and for my bad english...

17. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Yeah you can change the sav file name to the nds name and it should work, or vice versa.

18. missionboy2

missionboy2 Well-Known Member

I am on an M3 Real.

I patched a hex edited rom with the new V5 unofficial updated patch.

Now on the emulator my title screens distorted and on the m3, it black screens before getting to the title screen.

19. peter917

peter917 Member

ok so i have one more question. which is better to buy off http://leetmod.com the acekard 2i or the orignal r4ds that is 4.99? i just want the easiest and good working card to play pokemon white or black on with my ds. which one plays better and is easier to get pokemon black and white on? and which one is good for putting other games besides pokemon on? thank you

20. totallydood

totallydood Guest

*post deleted*