1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V4

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!! ITS MIGHT BE THE FINAL VERSION!!! U Never Know...

2. g30s

g30s New Member

WAITING>>>>>> damn if i were a japanese i aint need this lol

3. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

i can speak and read japanese and im 15 and im greek beat that rofl

4. AKOMISMO123

AKOMISMO123 Well-Known Member

Until where is the game translated?

5. Dunkeldecke

Dunkeldecke Well-Known Member

Watashi no shippo.

I'm africanamerican with egyptian blood. I can talk french, german, english and a african language called lingala.

I guess I won.

B2T:

Didn't they claim they already have the translation ready but not implemented yet ? Sure takes long to fill in them files.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It sure does, and its not wierd either....cause the full translation made by the guy I forgot the name whoever he is, when its going to be implemented into the text files inside the rom had to be broken up into several parts.

For instance, the professor's opening dialog has to go to file 0044.narc inside the MAIN folder, another part need to be broken up into small parts and matched with nearly 472 files of .narc text files in the STORY folder.

While inside the 472 files inside the STORY folder the essential dialogs are mixed up with the non-essential dialogs by the various AI (artificial inteligence) characters found in various locations within the game plot. This makes locating the text made by that guy rather difficult to locate.

And the file numbers does not correspond with the game flow, so for instance file no 0001.narc may or may not correspond with town no. 1. Like in the case of the Professor's opening dialog, it was found in file 0044.narc.

Unless a team of dedicated contributors with Japanese knowledge as at least their 2nd language help out instead of having a team of non-Japanese speakers relying on Google Translator probing in the dark, then the process could be faster as it would be easier to identify which text goes where.

But lets just hope the next official version contain more story dialogs instead of partial dialogs in random places.

7. Dunkeldecke

Sure.

I wasn't trying to talk anything bad. The only thing that I got upset with, was the mistake kiekos made.

I also hope the v5 will contain more story line - in my eyes it's the only import thing in the game. Everything else is pretty similar to the older ones, so it shouldn't be a problem to handle that without a translation.

Now it's too late anyway. So yeah, let's wait. :)

8. DNS1623

You Make Perfect Sense. The FULL THING SHOULD BE TRANSLATED, Just In-case The USA Version Has MAJOR ANTI-PIRACY! And Cant Work. SEE WHAT I'M SAYING EVERYONE?

9. Prectorian

I didn't notice anything about what you're problem with kiekoes, but its none of my business anyway so I'd rather not know.

Yes, it true, for some its too late cause you guys probably had completed the game and unlikely to re-play the game in the US version. Just like myself with Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs, I'd completed the JPN version and even though I downloaded the US version, I've become too lazy to play it cause I've know the plot.

Which is why I've been keen to try translate DQ6:MnD by myself cause I've not play that game. Anyway, lets just wait for the PKM B/W to have better translation content.
    Post Merge: [time]1287839716[/time]
    You got a point there, and in fact Rykin122 who is part of that translation team had said the same too. He said he will surely prioritise translating as much of the game as possible in the near future only if the the US version had better AP in it. Just like in the case of HG/SS. Which made Rykin122's HG/SS version a more relyable version than the actual US HG/SS version. I had opt to use his HG/SS version back then cause it got no AP issue compared to the official version.

10. DNS1623

U Also Make Sense =) but Just in Case They Should translate the Whole thing...

11. Prectorian

I hope they do that too ASAP, cause it can be boring waiting. But on the other hand, I've tried doing the translation myself, and its really is painstaking to comb each file and translate it one at a time as some words are too difficult to translate.

One reason is this, in English our language strickly follow how words/sentenses should be broken up. In Japanese it does not apply. For instance they can make a sentense comprise of no spacing, such as; iseeyoulater <--- this proof as one such problem when doing translation. Without the translator knowing where to break up the words for the correct meanings, it can cause mis-intepretation. Thus makes the translation process slow.

On the other hand, its not quite fair to translate on certain parts without translation the other translate-able parts. I understand they want to prioritize on the important info. But what is important to them might not be to others, and that also apply vise versa where certain things are not important to them is actually important to others. So the best solution is for them to translate whatever part is translate-able and they may leave out those difficult to translate words for later.

But everyone have their own view on this matter. So its not easy to judge about what to prioritize and what to sacrifice. Happy waiting....cause I am waiting too. ;)

12. DNS1623

I'm Going To Learn From U... Ur Interesting To Read From!

13. BackSlash

BackSlash New Member

lmfao just wanting to say,this unfinished translation thing is epic-ish,you're even happier when you find out about the parts that are actually translated than when the whole thing was already translated,but due to that your dissapointment increases rapidly and huge when you get to read something that you actually can't read at all,what a give and take hahah

14. shadowfox1

shadowfox1 Member

ok my big problem is that in my pokemon white game. my name is still japaneese, how can i make it englsih?

15. Dunkeldecke

At first when you have to decide your name look at the bottom left for 'abc'.

16. zeldametroidpkmn

zeldametroidpkmn New Member

would these patched roms work for the N5 Revolution Flash Cart?

17. Dark Hacker

Dark Hacker Active Member

BIG NEWS FLASH for r4i-sdhc users 1.27 firmware allows you to play patched versions on r4 sdhc. and it works i just started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Vahik

Vahik Well-Known Member

For all DSTT/TTDS Users this link is for patches and other stuff so even V4 of Pokemon Black and White English Tranlation Patch!

Link: http://dsmadness.wordpress.com/

(This site helps alot of DSTT/TTDS users)

19. lol123qaz

lol123qaz Member

Mmmm anyone else freeze right after the speech bubble zekrom makes and right before the battle, my games seems to do that often....im running Akaio 1.7 and i tried both the v2 and v4 patch same thing

20. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

try with akaio 1.8.1