1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V4

Google Translate.... it can't do real translation, if you want to translate you have to do it by hand since google translate fails at translating at times

like me i did the same but i finished, full translation of black http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1W1FL03Y
    READ: [time]1287561760[/time]
    view topic here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=48689
    i finished files 2 nd 3... so fully finished

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Did you also edit those 2 files too (0016.txt and 0017.txt)?

I'm playing the white version, so I'm not sure if downloading your version would help with my progress. It really is a headache looking at those strings of narc text files for long hours.

I've to say its a sad thing to see/hear for the past 24 hours some members been yelling at Kazo and team for the lack of translation for the story line. They surely haven't tried doing it themselves to understand the difficulties and challenges faced doing the translation. It is very maticulous and frustrating process. Especially since a lot of Japanese words aren't translate-able. While using Google Translator often result to very vauge sentences too difficult to figure out the meanings.

I also back up the translation process with a dictionary software from WAKAN. It does precise translation for JPN-ENG-JPN and CHN-ENG-CHN. But it can only do 1 word at a time. That makes it more annoying compared to using Google Translator. Though I admit that so very often the translation that it show is so vary vauge to comprehen.

I had also wanted to replace the narc number a/0/2/6 which contain the PKM title screen. I wanted to remove the "www.projectpokemon.org" but can't do it even after using crystal tile editor.exe, so I simply opt to revert it to the same narc but belonging to the un-patched/ clean version's. I appreciate what they (Kazo and team) did and that they have all the rights to add their name to the title screen, but I simply want to have it clean. I did that and now my copy shows the original title screen. :D

3. king_leo

with 0/2/6 get 6 and try opening with that extracting program, then try the extracted thing in any tile editor

4. Prectorian

It didn't work...at least because I don't understand any thing about HEX editing. I had tried using 'Crystal Tile Editor" and HEX Editor, but like I said I can't figure it out what to do or which HEX strings to locate. So I took the easy way that is by replacing the 6 with the original JPN version. Doesn't really matter much anyway.

Edit: trying to open that narc file with PPTXT only result to the .exe to shut down with an error message. I had used a free file viewer and EmEditor too. But its no use.

5. king_leo

ill have a try myself ill tell you what works

6. Prectorian

Ok, if you can do that, then you can alter your translated version to have your signiture on the bottom instead of projectpokemon's. After all its your version not part of theirs. That way it also will tell everyone that its your own version.

I did try using PPTXT but it kept crashing each time I try to open that narc a/0/2/6. I tried using crystal tile editor.exe, EmEditor.exe, and free file viewer too, but I can't do any changes to it. Simply because I'm blind about HEXdecimal.

You might even be able to make a tutorial topic too about pokemon title menu editing. Thanks. Very much appreciate it if I get to learn how to edit it.

7. chucksrevenge

chucksrevenge Member

i at least got wood to boot on my NDS Lite, but when i booted the file that it says to boot, and i loaded pokemon, i just get a neverending loading screen

8. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

Wait King_Leo, Black has problems with the union room, even when patched with v4 play patch? White Doesn't Anyways IL Try It Out Thanks.

9. molkame

molkame Member

Does anyone have the prepatched v3 because my sav is currupt and I've been using the DSTWO's real time save. So when I put in the rom for v4 it freezes.

10. Vahik

Vahik Well-Known Member

Is there yet a v4 patch for DSTT?

11. frozen741

frozen741 New Member

I get an error when trying to dl black patch

rar could not be saved, because the source file could not be read

to be more specific

C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\w5qPcNUT.rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read

I've had no prior trouble with downloading and its only the V4 Black patch that gives me the error

12. 48511

48511 Member

I'm using the prepatched v4 ROM on R4 Wood 1.14.2 and my game crashes in the Battle Subway. Usually I can fight up to three matches before the game freezes.

Sometimes I get an error, sometimes it just locks up. I've seen one other user in this topic with the same problem, but he said it was fixed by using prepatched v4.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

13. sithsquirrel

sithsquirrel Member

I just read the thread on PP, does it mean the entire story has been translated? Really curious as I havent played the game since I beat it, and I really beat it again with the story this time =D

14. jericho82

jericho82 Active Member

i used v3 and nothing error that happen, but i used v4 it seems freeze after going into any battle, i used akaio ak2 firmware 1.8 ndsi, any ideas ???

15. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

@jericho82 had that issue, fixed it

Just do this:

1.Backup ALL files on your sd card (very important) to some place with enough room on your computer

2. Format your card (go to my computer, select the drive, and right-click, select format, set to FAT32, {optional}name it without spaces ex. USB_DRIVE{optional})(You will need to be an admin or get an admin to install a program to format your card.)

3.Copy all files back to your card(make a rar or a zip backup if you wish, great if something goes bad anytime soon)

4. Enjoy

That worked for me, so... try it.

Oh and update to 1.8.1 also, just because it has more game fixes like.... SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS!!

16. jericho82

jericho82 Active Member

thx mate, if u dont tell me maybe i dont know if akaio 1.81 is release, thx very much

17. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

The translation can't save well on TTDS, so I am stuck playing the original japanese version until spring next year! Is there a fix for this? The save file is 1000kb. I'm using (www.r4i-gold.eu) which I think is a clone of R4i SDHC running TTDS.

18. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

^ at least you got it working on TTDS I keep getting an error 4 each time I try to load the rom.I applied that AP Patch and AR codes but nothing still works :'(

How'd you get it to work on the TTDS?

19. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

I never used the no exp patch.

20. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

probably someone asked this before but how do you apply the patch?

I used xdelta but it didnt work

can you give me the link for the patcher