1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V3[Full story coming soon]

So how far is the official got into the story line?

2. ringo14

ringo14 Well-Known Member

The topic says it all : Pokémon Black & White English Translation V3[Full story coming soon]"

3. chucksrevenge

chucksrevenge Member

someone translated the story entirely, the .txt file is in the first post

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

True, but he's asking about the exsisting Official version's progress. For the story it has not progress much since Official V1. There are some new random English dialogs in the Official V3, mostly thanks to Rykin122. But for the non-story (MAIN) they have achieve a lot. Its worth using the Official V3!

He translated mainly the dialogs that contain blue colored sentenses, cause those blue colored ones contain info about what item you get from various AI characters inside the game. And there are some also translated for key info such as at the Hiun Region where you are offer to ride a boat to Liberty Island, Gym Leader centre, etc.

Other than that, not much been done for the Story, after all Kazo said in his forum site, that his main objective is to translate the battle system, menu, options, and other key features. Not the story itself. Even if he end up doing it, its mere bonus. Rykin122 said he will consider translating the entire JPN rom if the USA version has many issue, like in the case of HG/SS where the US HG/SS version is more difficult to hack than the JPN version. And we can expect the same might happen with the B/W USA version too. Nintendo/GameFreak now know that some members are still able to overwrite their AP-EXP protection. I bet they will up the security level in the USA version like they did with the HG/SS.

The full translated.txt is not in the format of what the actual .txt file inside the rom looks like. The guy who made the translation made it like a dialog, e.g.
    Prof: I've a gift for you
    you: Thank you!

The file inside the rom should look like the below example:
    xffe2eI've a gift for you\xaeffeThank you!\xcaeffa

Without the translation text made to look as the correct format. Its useless unless someone figure out which text goes where within the 472 files. Kazo and team must look up every file in their database to locate and replace the original text with the one made by that person, one at a time. Not an easy process but its do-able. It just will take more time.

There are 273 text files for the MAIN (options, interactive buttons, menu, etc.) and 472 text files for the STORY. Now imagine having to locate it all to match the one made by that person. Not an easy thing to do, don't you agree?

5. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

when it says v4 is ready soon,how soon is soon?

6. MegamanRS

MegamanRS Member

Soon is when they have time to actually do it. So we all have to be patient :)

7. aznkid13

aznkid13 Well-Known Member

but most of my party is evolved :(

8. code111

code111 New Member

he said about after halloween i think

9. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the full version!!

10. chucksrevenge

chucksrevenge Member

i thought he said before halloween

11. jordandrako2

jordandrako2 Active Member

Is there any way to fix it the menu on white and black not showing up on Acekard 2i AKAIO 1.8?

12. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

yeah suppose theres not anything else to do but wait :)

13. k9chilly

k9chilly Member

version 4 is out!!! http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11746-Pokmon-Black-and-White-Translation-Project-v3-(READ-FIRST-THREE-POSTS-Thread-is-now-open)

14. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V4

yupp but what should I download. There are 4 v4 black patches. V4Black-NewLogo,V4Black-NewLogo-Kata,V4Black-OldLogo,V4Black OldLogo-Kata. I mean I want the english title screen so yeahh. And on that website it says the story is complete.

15. k9chilly

k9chilly Member

If you want the new English logo(thats all clear n stuff) choose V4Black-NewLogo
    If you want the new kata logo (haven't seen it before) choose V4Black-NewLogo-Kata

And yes i'm playing right now and so far its all english when it pertains to the story :D

16. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

dude its like that press x in the menu comes up

Anyways is v4 the one with complete english or what im stumped ?.?

17. totallydood

totallydood Guest

First post updated with the V4 patchers and the changelog. :)

18. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V4 [Full Story Done!]

Can anyone upload a V4 pre-patched or give me ways to run the patcher (it doesn't do a thing after i press apply patch - windows 7 ultimate, tried as admin and every compatibility mode available)? other patchers like rudolph's work.

19. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

I don't know what I did wrong, but after I used the V4 patcher to patch a rom, it was still in Japanese. Can someone upload a pre-patched (English and EXP fix) rom?

20. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

In the options in game, you need to go to the options and change the 5th or 8th option (I don't know which anymore) and bam, you have lotsa English.