1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V3 Patch]

Thanks! Another question: The 4 download options: Black English Names, Black Kata Names, Black English Names EXP Patched, Black Kata Names EXP Patched, what's the difference?

http://kazowar.pbworks.com/FrontPage

Edit: Plus there are like Old style logos? New style logos?

Nvm I downloaded both the old and new logos (English Names), figuring the "old logo" meant that it meant the Japanese Pokemon logo and the "new logo" is the English fan created logo. But it turns out both logos are logos written in English as "Pokemon Black". The only differences are the "new logo" has a more stylized design compared to the "old logo". Basically in both versions, the Japanese official game logo has been replaced. :( Sad, cause I liked the official Japanese logo.

I have no idea what are the differences between "English" and "Kata names", but I take it to mean that one has the names of pokemon and trainers in English while the other has the names Katakana. Although why anyone would want a Katakana version beats me.

2. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

How much is English in percent. Like 50% or 60%? If you dont mind my asking.

3. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Not yet that much. Its more or less between 30%-35% at most. The translation is made up of 2 parts, they catagorized it as MAIN and STORY. Basically MAIN refer to the menu, interface, options, etc., while STORY refer to the dialogs said by the AI characters, etc. There are approximately 273 text files for the MAIN while there are around 472 text files for the STORY. I know this after I open up the Official V3 rom using a program that Rykin122 provided in a topic he made. The team mostly touched the MAIN texts and I'd say very little had been done on the STORY side.

One aspect that had been touched for the STORY was the dialog that contain 'blue colored sentenses' cause that is important to know, as that 'blue sentense' refer to you getting something from the AI character you talk with. That part as far as I know was translated by Rykin122.
    Post Merge: [time]1287042997[/time]
    Again you have answered your own questions correctly. You said it right. Well I think KazoWar and his team wish to give a couple of options to fit as much people's taste on the main screen menu layout. If you ask me, I personally always go for the English-Old Logo. Though it doesn't even matter really. I think what meant by KATA name refer to all AI and Pokemon still using their Japanese names, but I'm not sure myself. I've never used it so I have not the slightest idea. ???

That include I've no idea if it matter to anyone for wanting to keep using the KATA names, cause if they do, then why would they start using the english translation patch also, right? Would be odd wanting to stick to using it. But I guess, again its just a way for KazoWar and his team to try please as much people as possible. Maybe the more options the merrier it gets.^0^

5. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Someone has made a FULL story translation and uploaded it as a text file. The translators will be inserting this into the game. We will have a full story translation :D

6. machomuu

machomuu Active Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation V3[Full story coming soon]

Thank God!
    With a finished story, I'll finally be able to finish the game. So yes, I actually care about the story and am not playing the untranslated parts.

7. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

OMG im in the 3rd gym this will help alot someone Pm me when the full patch is complete

8. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Will do :)

9. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

me also please

10. wtnow

wtnow Active Member

-just psoting so itll be on my post list so i can see it later-

im waiting for the english full patch. Im not playing parts that arent translated, as i care about the story (Lolz.)

11. Raqueldms

Raqueldms Well-Known Member

Oh my, the .txt file is huuuuge! O_O
    It's gonna take some time...
    Are all dialogues translated? Like random chats with each town's citizens?

Well, congrats to the extreme patient person who translated the whole thing. *-*
    I hope that after uh... about 5 years I can contribute with translation projects.
    I'm learning Kanji very fast. ^^

~ Omedetou gozaimasu! <3

12. code111

code111 New Member

When The full patch comes out PLZ tell me Thank You :D

13. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Will do :)

14. code111

code111 New Member

Thx plus when do u think the new patch will be done??? just soo i now when to go on

15. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

that is so awesome, cant wait!!! :)

16. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

This is pretty cool and all, But I already beat the whole game with no english patch lol
    Oh well.... Ill just beat the game again for the lulz

17. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

i get a load errcode=-5 when i try to run it on ttds
    i've made sure my game id's match and everything

18. Jakeysaurus

Jakeysaurus Well-Known Member

I downloaded the v3 Rom, but I still get the Black Screen after char creation on DSTWO. :x

19. totallydood

totallydood Guest

That is very wierd! The game should run perfectly on DSTWO. Your ROM may be corrupted or your system files or something are messed up. Try backing up all your games and format your card. Then put everything back on it, and try running the ROM. Reinstall the system files also.

20. KaitenRave

KaitenRave New Member

I downloaded v3, and the english is fine (for the most part) but I cant get any exp whatso-ever. Was there supposed to be a code I put in somewhere? I'm running AceKard 2i. Im in the process of looking through all the other threads as well..so excuse any repeated information. Thanks for any help!