1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V2 Patch]

Sorry for the late update. My Internet connection has been down all night/day. The first post has been updated with the prepatched ROMs as well as the patchers.

2. Vantrilla92

Vantrilla92 New Member

Thankies Very Much ^_^

3. Aucardo

Aucardo New Member

This is all fine and dandy, and the translation is amazing, but how do i fix the anti piracy thing? I am not getting any experience!

I downloaded the pre patched version because the patcher that you have is a MU link, and it won't work for me.

Otherwise, great thread, and amazing translations team.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

4 the AP - EXP problem you need to download rudolph v4 patch, its in KazoWar's page. the link is in page 1 of this forum topic. drag your rom(use pre-patched is OK too) on top of the PATCH.EXE and wait until a small box say "Congratulation-Patch DONE!". Use the .NDS file after that not the .bak.

5. totallydood

totallydood Guest

This patch does NOT contain the EXP patch. You will have to first patch it with the English patch, then you have to patch the ROM with the V4 of Rudolph's patch.

There's a lot of translated stuff in this version :)

6. Twinblade242

Twinblade242 Active Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V3 Patch]

about how long before the entire game is translated?

7. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

dude dont ask that you should be patient man
    and if someone could upload a pokemon white rom confirmed working on acekard 2i akaio 1.7

8. Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V3 Patch]

@totallydood im using ttmenu on my r4i sdhc and i have black and white working with V2cantell how to V3 on it

9. totallydood

totallydood Guest

not sure, but in some cities/towns (Kanoto Town, Karakusa Town, Kagome Town, Sazanami Town just to name a few and random areas (R9 Department Store, the NPCs in-between routes, the bulletin board with the yellow scrolling text, just about every signpost, etc.) are in English. You're gonna find alot of random translated English speaking NPCs (along with the ones that were already translated), and other important and non-important stuff in English :)

Sure, I'll upload the White that my brother is using on his AK2i. =) he's on AKAIO 1.7.1 though. You may want to update to the latest AKAIO.

10. firekingster

firekingster Active Member

Just out of curiosity will there be a translation for story mode?

11. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Some of the story is translated. They are working on the story it seems, since alot of stuff is translated

12. Prectorian

Well, I'll give you a bit of info based on my findings, that way you can roughly figure out the answer. Cause I opened the Official V3 rom and looked through the files and here's what I found:

There are a total of 273 files of .txt to translate for the main part (for the menu, options, interface, item, pokedex, etc.) and 472 files of .txt to translate for the story part(for the Artificial Itelligence a.k.a people inside the game, etc.). That's just for the content of 2 folders that the translation team are concentrating. I think so far they had reached 30% - 40%. Not all of the translation members are native japanese speakers. Some non-japanese speakers who volunteered had to rely on Google Translate, unfortunately to make things more difficult for these non-japanese volunteers, some words are not translate-able if they rely only on Google Translate. So with all the factors involved, etc. you can only imagine how long it might take to get it done.

If you want to learn about doing pokemon game translation, there is one interesting topic in romulation made by Rykin122 inside the TUTORIAL Forum and he provided the programs for download too. You have to press HOME on top of this page, and look above the TECHNICAL HELP Forum(which so happen to be this forum). I've just started learning about it myself since yesterday. The programs are simple to use but the problem lies in the translation process as it depend on how good your japanese are and the quality of the dictionary book or software you are using. Hope that answers your question.

13. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

Sweet thanks man ill sure will

14. Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V3 Patch]

hi somebody should post a working sav thats not complete but just random

15. herakuzi

herakuzi Member

Hi, I dl the Pokémon Black Pre-Patched ROM V3 but the experience function won't work. Ant patch to remedy this?

16. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten the wifi to work?

17. Shinoth

Shinoth Member

So, what'd V3 improve on V2? And how much of the story is now translated?

18. totallydood

totallydood Guest

The V3 patch does not come with the EXP patch. You will have to patch the ROM with V4 of Rudolph's AP patch to get EXP. :D

19. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

Hi does that mean that if I had earlier used the V2 translation-patch and now I want to update it with the V3 translation-patch, I have to repatch it with Rudolph's V4 AP-patch too? What I'm saying is to update the translation patch, I have to get a fresh clean ROM dump, patch it with the translation-patch and Rudolph's AP-patch?

That's weird I remember the V2 translation-patch came already patched with Rudolph's. I never had the EXP problem.

20. Prectorian

Actually you have answered your own question by yourself.

As you had said it yourself. You require a clean (unpatched) game copy to patch with the Official V3 xDelta patcher. After that you need to drag and drop the patched rom onto the Rudolph V4 patch. Only then it will gain both EXP and solve the AP problem like the Official V2 you're using.

Don't attempt to patch your working Official V2 with the V3 Delta patcher, it will cause it not to run on both Wood and YSMENU, it'll stalled.