1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

well it depends my friends speak portuguese and they play games in english coz portuguese ones dont exist.

2. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

woooooooooh EU came out yesterday

3. DarkBlade_hp

DarkBlade_hp New Member

Ummmm well... It came out, but where to find it? It's not uploaded yet, but where should we look for it? Should we expect it here or...?

4. antwan_oss

antwan_oss New Member

were can i download pokemon black & white full english??

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Go here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=53363.0

This topic is the old topic for the JPN - Fan Translation version. So please open that link I just gave to view the new topic page. And the rom you want is there too.

6. pokedis

pokedis New Member

How long before we see a AP free EUR?

7. Prectorian

This is the japanese rom - fan translation topic page.
    Go to the CK3's topic page for the EU version. (here--> http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=53363.0)

8. FHC

FHC New Member

Uh hello....Hopefully I'm not sounding like a pest or a kiss up when I ask this (and if I am, forgive me) but I just got introduced (if I can use the word) to ROMs, emulators, etc. I downloaded Pokemon White from this other thread http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=47381.5825 only to run into the "No exp" problem, so I downloaded the patch...but I'm not sure what program to use it on. Can someone please tell me what program I have to download to use the patch (to get exp) and now that I see Pokemon Black and White V7 is available, is it possible for me to put in the data/saved game I already have (the V6 from the other thread) into the V7?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry if I wasted your time.

9. Prectorian

Why do you still need the v.7 fan translation version ? Don't you know that the official GameFreak's is out since March 3rd? You should drop it and go here to grab the official release : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=53363.0

However its your choice....so if you still opt to play on the Fan translated version of the JPN rom, its really up to you, while everyone else has move on to play the official version from gamefreak.

And.....ignore about the patching if you don't know how to use it. Grab the rom marked as 'pre-patched'. However, if you want to use that patch...which I assume is marked as 'xdelta', then download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?8w7cd8bnci5uxsv (method-->Choose the patch to use, choose the rom to patch, and name the new patched file to save,done). If its either 'open patch.exe' or 'rudolph', then its simply drag and drop.

If you're using emulator such as No$Gba (PC-NDS emulator), then you should also go here to find out how to make it run : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=53401.0

10. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Lol, maybe because he hates the localized names? I won't be surprised at all if there are still people like that.

11. FHC

FHC New Member

Thank you very much for pointing that out, I'll go download the official version now, and I should've made specific on which emulator I'm playing on. I'm using DeSuMe0.97. Now, is there anyway for me to put the saved data from the other versions into this one? Or is it impossible due to those being fan translated and this being the official version?

12. Prectorian

1. The save file from the fan translated JPN version use on the EU/US rom;
    -can be use, no problem, as long as the save file name is the same as the game rom name
    -the problem you'll be seeing is any pokemon caught in the jpn version will still be japanese
    even after moving it to use on the EU/US game rom, unless you had nicknamed it, while all
    pokemon caught using the EU/US game rom even when using the JPN save file will now be
    in English

2. I'm not sure if the game will run properly on the DeSmume as I've seen some posts saying it
    (DeSmuMe running the Pokemon Black White EU/US) got issues, but work fine on the
    No$Gba + No$zoomer from the link I gave. And to point out that if you had played the fan
    translated version on the DeSmume, the save file name is .dsv, while the No$Gba's save
    file ends with .sav. So you'll need to convert the save file from .dsv to .sav.

13. FHC

FHC New Member

So since I have a game saved as "Fran" in the fan translated one, all I need to do is make a new game in the official game named "Fran" as well and the data from the fan version will be transferred into the official version? Or do I have to use this "Load/Save State" thing? I'm sorry if I keep asking too many questions but I don't want to screw anything up.

14. Prectorian

Question no.1 ...the answer is yes, just make sure both the 2 files (.NDS and .SAV/.DSV uses the same name). Make a back up copy first and keep the copy else where before trying to do the 2nd part. The 2nd question....the answer is do what you normally do to continue your game from the emulator. But as I said, if you had the been playing on DeSmume, the save file ends with .dsv, to run it on the No$GBA/No$Zoomer, you must convert the save file first so that it ends with .sav, use a save file convertor.

15. chris3110

chris3110 New Member

Is anyone else getting the problem that you can't open the start menu? I am using DesMuMe...
    Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

16. Hazlanz

Hazlanz Member

Opening the start menu you need to adjust the setting in the controls. remember its not the start or select button (like on the DS) its the X (or Y, havent played in a bit)

17. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I'm just asking so don't jump down my throat. Do we really need this thread now that the English version is out?!

18. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

no but it might be used as a source of information in the future.

19. The_Captain1228

The_Captain1228 New Member

how do i use this patch? it says its a .patch file and i dont know what to do with it

20. kano12

kano12 New Member

how do i patch it?
    Post Merge: [time]1300728226[/time]
    how do i patch it?