1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Ok, so looking at that mess in that pp link, I'm not pleased that he went that far as to change the names on the people, those were already translated, they don't need to be ruined.
    So until we get a properly done v8, I'm staying on v7.

2. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

hope the english version doesnt confuse me with pokemon names lol i barely know the japanese pokemon names

3. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

It's already got me agitated.
    I've just about memorized the Japanese names, too.

4. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

I know right the english names gonna make remebering pokemon harder I only recognize the pokemon by its face lol

5. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Plus, the name 'Snivy' kind of detracts from the cool factor.
    Other countries are on our cases about being 'too stupid to learn', well, they seem to have us learn a little bit of Japanese from certain JRPG's, so having us learn a little more wouldn't kill us.
    The only good thing to come of the (U) release will be the extended nicknames and renaming them as close to the (J) patch as possible.

6. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Haha it'd be hysterical if someone would make like a patch that all pokemon have their romaji names!!

7. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Oh suck it. Whether you like it or not the English names stay. They'll grow on us eventually.

8. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke?r=75&src=ref&ch=dic

9. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

we could very likely, and probably quite easily make such a patch for just the names, since all it requires is re-breaking any possible updated AP.

But the parts of dialog where people mention a name of a pokemon...is it more of SETINSTONE, or call.x = pokemon name?
    Hard to say when one has no coding knowledge.

10. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Wasn't directed to you.

If you Japanese name-lovers want the Japanese names but have english gameplay, why not just continue playing your current hacked rom instead of waiting for the eventual official english?

11. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

i dont think u shud contunie this unless u finish it before the atcual game realses

12. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

shucks

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

14. metalmallow1

metalmallow1 New Member

So has no one found a good dump of Pokémon Black? It's not a big deal, but I'd like to trade and battle with my nephew and I spent hours trying to figure it out. I thought it was his flashcart, but apparently you guys are experiencing the same problems.

15. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Not final, but speculated.
    http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7926/g5english.jpg
    Verdict; Most of them suck. Discuss.

Tried using Rudolph's Child's play patch on the rom?

16. metalmallow1

metalmallow1 New Member

Yes, I did. White works just fine, though. Also, the C-Gear works as well on both versions.

17. Prectorian

SPOILER....PLEASE REFRAIN FROM READING UNLESS YOU ARE CURIOUS! Read at your own risk!

In it is a spoiler method on how to obtain a hidden additional menu for your main menu on PKM B/W which allow you to communicate between 2 consoles that will allow transfering of D/P/Pt/HG/SS version items and pokemons...as in....TRADING! Something that is not thought possible because some of you think not do-able because there's only the option of using C-Gear or Dream World on B/W. Works on DSi console, not sure on DS and DSL.

#Unlocking an additional menu for the MAIN MENU of PKM B/W:
    (No CHEATS or Action REPLAY Codes - Legitimate method by solving an in-game riddle/puzzle/question)
    Click here to see Game Spoiler at your own risk!:
    If you open this spoiler then it means you want to know how to unlock this hidden additional menu.

Since most of you are probably playing the translated version of the Japanese rom.
    Make sure to change the language setting to Kanji so that you get to see the original Japanese language version.

This is how to unlock the Transfer Machine Option in the Main Menu.
    This option will enable your B/W game to communicate directly with another DS console running previous
    pokemon games such as D/P/Pt/HG/SS, etc. via WIFI.

How?
    1. Go to Castelia City a.k.a Hiun City.
    2. Travel to the other side of town, past the fountain park, enter the left building and go up the elevator
    (Hiun City's city centre, the row of buildings leading to route 4 - enter the left building)
    3. Talk to the man in white shirt.
    4. In English, 'he'd be mentioning about making a secret feature'
    5. Go to Option and Change the Language Settings to Kanji
    6. Talk to him again, and this time you see a dialog box to enter. The codes are in the form of 2 Phrases and made up of 2 parts.
    7. The first part of the code are : みんな and ハッピー after that press A or the top right bottom button to enter
    (The translation of the code are : Everyone - Happy)
    8. The second part of the code are : かんたん and つうしん after that press A again to confirm answer
    (The translation of the code are : Simple - Communication)
    9. Go back to Option and Change your language back to English/Hiragana
    10. SAVE GAME
    11. If you reload the Game, now in the bottom Main Menu you can see the new option Transfer Machine.
    12. Congratulation, you've just unlocked the hidden Menu - TRANSFER MACHINE

** Region Lock by the way...you can only transfer between 2 games of the same region!

18. metalmallow1

metalmallow1 New Member

Y
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Transfer_Machine

Apparently you can't trade between regions according to this?

19. Prectorian

No you can't. It has to be of same region. Forgot to add that note.

There's in circulation HG/SS JPN -Translated version. You can look for it and download it. Use the exsisting .SAV from the other region you had played to run on the JPN translated version of HG/SS. Just need to name the .nds and .sav the same, it should run just the same. Giving you 2 games from same region without having to play over the entire game.

20. metalmallow1

metalmallow1 New Member

Thanks for the tip. I think I still have my HG English patch lying around somewhere. :)