1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Amplifier19

Amplifier19 Well-Known Member

can anybody post pokemon black version 7 prepatched with a working union room because i cant seem to get mine to work :)

2. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

Will a V6 save file work with a V7 rom? And if not, is the difference between the two noticeable all that much in terms of translation?

3. Lumosify

Lumosify New Member

I'm just wondering... will this fix the nicknames of the Pokemon? Because right now, I can only name my Pokes with five letters. Will this patch fix it? Just asking since some Youtubers have Pokemon with nicknames with more than five letters in them. (I usually see them in competitive battling) Thanks in advance! :D

4. Amplifier19

Amplifier19 Well-Known Member

yes you can you just have to keep the nds names the same

5. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

@Lumosify if you download Pokesave, you can edit their names, even your own name. I don't know of any other ways, but for me, that's the easiest.

6. 2Triangle

2Triangle Member

You have to backspace ur pokemon's name on Pokesav then type it again...
    Yea what he said....

7. takethebox

takethebox Member

Hey I'm trying to get v7 working on DSTT as well. It gets to the load of your save (mine was from wood) in pokemon the the screen goes black and does nothing. Any chance you could help?

8. RoxyWolf

RoxyWolf New Member

Well, Black and White work spectacularly on a DSTwo flash cart. I've also found it possible to download Event Pokemon through Wi-Fi. I didn't think it would work xD;
    Thanks again, all, for your hard work on the translation~

9. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

must. get. WiFi. WEP. key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Ok...now I finally found it...the "White Forest" dialogs are in narc 0/0/0/3 file no. 466-7f84.

Nope! I've not tried to translate it, not that I don't know how, its just that I can't speak Japanese.

I do see there are still many files yet to be translated by the team. I'm wondering when they'll release the v.8. Its been over 2 weeks since v.7. *Puzzled face* ??? :)

11. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Because B&W come out next year, I was reluctant to update the version I have (V5). However, the more I'm progressing, the more I'm starting to notice a lot of leftover Japanese text. Exactly how does one put in the new patch without completely erasing the old data?

12. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Just download the Pre-Patched V7 version in the first post of this thread. Then, re-name the new V7 rom you just download with the same name your V5 has. After that, replace the new V7 rom with your old V5 rom, it will use the same .sav file.

13. Xalfrea

Cool thanks. Taking care of it right now.

So what's fixed in V7? I can assume that roughly most of the text has been translated?

14. sajon123

sajon123 Well-Known Member

V7 Changelog:

Hearts Sweets has a description
    Battle Subway fixes yet again
    Bunch of other random fixes that I can't recall but more stuff is translated yay

15. Xalfrea

Right, I can see the changes already. Thanks to whoever made these translations.

I've been in the sand for a while, so are those Union Room problems I've been hearing about fixed?

16. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Basically everything has been translated, except the White Forest part of the game.

17. Xalfrea

Ah I see. I can assume Black City's the same (I'm playing Black)?

What about conducting Wi-Fi trades? Should I encounter no problems there?

18. wongjunlin

wongjunlin New Member

Battle Subway in desmume is still crashing whenever I enter one of the rooms.

19. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Short News : There will not be any V8. It stops at V7.

But as I said if any one want to have the white forest area translated. The file can be found at : a/0/0/0/3 no. 466-7f84. Another you might want to try do is file no. 468 (its been un-touched) by the team. Use Nitro Exploder 2B and PPTXT to do the translation process. Look in the Tutorial Forum Section for the steps.

20. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

well if the team stopped its up to us who understand what to do. we just pop it into google translate to find what it says and replace it with the text from that translation file. and then the pokenerds win. take that nintendo.