1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. anima92

anima92 New Member

hey thanks for the hard work! but does the V7 work with R4 v1.18? would be great if someone could reply! =)

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

no, you should get wood 1.19

3. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

Are you using legendaries? Are you using a rom that has the Kata names patch?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

If you need the latest distribution wonder card, I've moved the post that was here to : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=50993.msg1178457#msg1178457

Just so it don't get lost in the piles of posts related to technical issues. And to make it easier for everyone who want to use it.

5. Dalmasca

Dalmasca Member

Nice job on the translations. I'll be testing it on the DSTT with the new Firmware from RetroGameFan, I doubt there are any problems though, haha.

6. ringo14

ringo14 Well-Known Member

this game is almost fully translated all you gotta translate is white forest

7. Katen

Katen New Member

Hello.
    I probably skipped an important piece of information already but I waited for a translated version to be released.
    My doubt is, although it was said it ws being played on an R4, I own an R4 and this

"Pokemon White Pre-Patched v7
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s7241xf8kwgitct"

isn't working for me.
    Is there something missing?
    A reply would be greatly appreciated.

8. iluvfupaburgers

well, yes. you need to update your firmware for the card. if it is a r4 original. use wood r4 1.19. and if it is a r4 clone, use ysmenu 6.42

9. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Lol, now there's no point in getting the official english version.

10. iluvfupaburgers

lol, of course there is. pokemon names are still not in english version

11. Joseg1320

Yeah, the story is also going to be slightly different because they will change it for the North American public.

12. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

whatever then ill import 2 and 3 and 16 from the usa, put them in the a patched jap version and bam its translated lol. At least, once its out.

13. Joseg1320

Or you can just download the USA rom....

14. Prectorian

The AP in the U version will certainly be different from the J version. So there'll be a need to make a new patch as the J's AP patch likely won't work on the U. Using a hex compare might do the trick in cracking the AP, but you'll need the know how and where to look.

I can understand about the 2 and 3 narc. But what's in the 16 narc ?

Anyone know which file inside 3 narc that contain the dialogs in 'White Forest'? ???

15. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

i think in one of the changelogs they said 16 is where the logo on the title screen is.

also white forrest may be in 2 not 3, because the opening speech was but i don't know beyond that.

16. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

I heard that Pokeshifter wasnt working with eng versions(of HG/SS).. Can you confirm?

17. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Wasn't it established long ago that Japanese Pokeshifter is only compatible with Japanese 4th gen?

18. Prectorian

No, the logo is in narc 0/2/6 not in 16. That's why I don't know what's in the 16. I can't open it so, yeah....I don't know what it is....and I'm absolutely curious as to where the dialogs for the 'white forest'.

19. blahbloo32

blahbloo32 Member

if you dont mind me asking, how much of the game is patched in english? (i.e with patch 7)
    a percentage would be fine

20. Prectorian

About 95% - 97%, only 1 area have not been touch "the white forest', and the dialog for the mail man is still in Japanese. Other than than, its very much been translated for your convenience.