1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White AP Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kiekoes, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Jarmand83

Jarmand83 New Member

Hi, Im using an R4i Gold v2.0 updated with the AK2i 1.4.3 firmware update and Akaio 1.8.6a. I can get the clean white version working if i turn off AP Bypass but this means that half of the other games dont work!!! but i cant seem to get the patched version working without changing any settings as it just freezes on the loading screen. Has anyone managed to overcome this problem as the dsi is my sons and he is too young to be able to change the settings on his own.

Many Thanks.

2. cv1324

cv1324 New Member

Hi there, I got a problem with DSTT.
    I can enter & play the game with or without booting up ysmenu, however everything works except the soft reset function, when i try to softreset in game it will just go into black/white screen.
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem please?
    many thanks.

3. tptpokemon

tptpokemon Member

Help I cannot play Pokemon Black on my R4 Plus :(

Flashcard:R4 Plus
    Firmware: Original firmware
    Wood R4 v1.31
    Wood R4 v1.35
    Ysmenu
    TTmenu

DS type: NDSL

Errors: Original firmware: White screen at startup
    Wood R4 v1.31: Freezing after start new game
    Wood R4 v1.35: White screen at startup
    Ysmenu: load rom errcode=-4
    TTmenu: cannot start

I am currently play this game at No$GBA, but because it needs a computer or a laptop, its not as convenient as ds.
    Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

This must be your cart ? --> http://www.r4.ndsl.cc/

Well its a clone of a clone...meaning its a pirated version of a knocked off R4 duplicate.
    In short, its very unrelyable.

You can scratch WOOD R4 from the list of possible secondary firmware. It'll not work as R4+ is not supported by it. And you're not suppose to have 4 secondary firmwares in your SD Micro. Not only it takes up precious memory space, but it'll conflict too. So far I only know R4 Original v.1.18 that can have 2 secondary firmwares in it because that's what I have and there's a bit of a trick on how to, but I'm not sure about R4 clones ability cause I don't own any.

As for YSMENU/TTMENU, maybe it can work but maybe it won't (50-50 chances), try loading either of the 2. Don't add both. Try adding RetroGameFan (RGF) 's Multi Cart Update v.6.67 (current latest version or newer) from this thread : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

Back up your entire SD Micro content before attempting.
    Try adding RGF's R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder or R4_Clone folder into your SD Micro.
    Follow the instruction on how to add them provided in the download text file.
    If doing that does not fix your problem, then best to go buy a better cart such as Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTwo, or at least R4i Gold (www.R4ids.cn).

Before going off to buy another cart, best to read this info : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43005.0

That's about it that I can tell you, sorry can't provide any further assistance. Maybe someone else might own the same cart as your or have better knowledge than me might come by and help you. Good luck.

-side note :-
    This question suppose to be posted/moved in the Flash Cart Help Section.

5. tptpokemon

tptpokemon Member

The YSMENU works, but the black loading bar stuck.

6. Prectorian

You could try to;
    1. back up the entire SD Micro content to your PC
    2. format the SD Micro using SD Formatter provided in the download package
    3. re-insert your SD Micro files
    4. try loading it again

If that doesn't fix it, then maybe it might never will.
    Your cart is not mentioned among the compatibility list, so its difficult to be certain.

7. tptpokemon

tptpokemon Member

That also fails.( Reformatting the micro sd )

8. Prectorian

By the way, is the error code -4 happen to all rom or just Pokemon Black? And is the Pokemon Black rom unpatched or patched? YSMENU will run clean/unpatched roms (except on certain condition).

If that does not help, then best to do is go buy a better cart such as Acekard 2i or Supercard DSTwo, or at least R4i Gold (www.R4ids.cn).

Also do read this info about what cart to look and to avoid : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43005.0

9. tptpokemon

tptpokemon Member

With the RGF thing, I have passed the error code -4, but every game that loads twice in the R4 Plus have that black loading bar in the bottom screen stuck right before 6.67 RGF

10. Prectorian

Seems to me even YSMENU will not work on your cart since no roms will load when you try it.
    Better buy a more relyable cart or play on a pc emulator.

11. tptpokemon

tptpokemon Member

Problem Solved!
    I am using Wood R4 v1.31 and converted no$gba save, then I put that converted no$gba save file into my R4 Plus, and it worked perfectly.

12. Prectorian

Congratulation for solving the issue by yourself, sorry wasn't able to assist before. Glad to know its solved.

13. Kingdom98

Kingdom98 New Member

Pokemon black (u) (clean) Works on Ysmenu???

14. sasaakoo

sasaakoo Well-Known Member

Working on iEDGE/EDGE FlashCarts v2.3 :D

15. Prectorian

Been fixed a long...long....time ago.

16. tptpokemon

tptpokemon Member

It only problem is, pokemon black cannot save to my ds.

17. UltimateEmboar

UltimateEmboar New Member

when i play it on no$gba the fight button sometimes missing and other button like bag,run,pokemon is not working

18. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

make sure you have the extra options EX0 EX2 EX4 checkmarked.

19. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member

20. Yusuke_DS

Yusuke_DS Active Member