1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White AP Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kiekoes, Sep 17, 2010.

1. trinxified

trinxified New Member

Hi.

to OP,

I got original R4 with wood 1.26 firmware on it. I know the EUR versions are working... Is that the same for the USA versions?

2. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

Yeah I have, as I said in my original post also it won't load saves without a black screen.
    But thank-you for taking the time to give me a suggestion, that's appreciated :)

I downloaded wood 1.26, used the _Rpg folder out of that and the ttmenu.nds out of 1.25 and you press the center button on your R4 menu (Multimedia) and run ttmenu.nds and wallah there's wood.
    (I'm sorry I cannot provide download links or anything, but I can't remember where I got them from)

3. redeyes1

redeyes1 Member

can i use my sav file from the patched japanese white version for the english white?

4. SlayaDud

SlayaDud Well-Known Member

So you used the regular 1.34 r4sdhc firmware, added the _Rpg folder from Wood version 1.26, and added the ttmenu.nds from Wood version 1.25 for dstt, just the one folder and one file added to the regular 1.34 and you can use wood? Awesome! how does Pokemon White run with that though. Any problems?

5. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

Yeah 1.33b firmware from r4-sdhc.com and rpg + ttmenu.nds and you can initiate wood through r4 basically.
    And well, i'm guessing if you read my earlier post you would know how that's working out for me - bad.
    I can still only use the Japanese black patched into english..

6. SlayaDud

Dude I just found out using "WAIO v1.15 for R4 Clones (REPACKED 2.9 beta)" with r4sdhc firmware 1.34 and with a patched rom it works perfectly! It's on this forum! http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

7. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

I'm trying it out now, I have tried two of the .nds initializers one generates an error when trying to boot and the other won't even attempt to boot.

8. moldyheady

moldyheady New Member

do i just download the file and drag the extracted files into my r4?

9. SlayaDud

Well I just used the woodr4sdhc.nds one and it worked just fine. Also I reformatted my card before I tried this I dunno if that will make a difference.

10. moldyheady

moldyheady New Member

I don't know what happened but I was formatting my memory card with the panasonic formatter and it went from being 2 GB to 1 GB...

11. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

Yeah none of them work, shouldn't matter if I format or not..?
    But i knew going going into that that only two of them would work..
    I get on the top screen of my DS using waio, 'fail' along with the file name I just tried to boot.

12. SlayaDud

I don't understand why it doesn't work on yours, you have 1.34 r4sdhc right and downloaded waio and it should work. Weird!

13. xManaphyx

xManaphyx Member

why ppl are ignoring me ? :(

14. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Latest YSM3 from Gaboros (Running RGF Latest DAT v.6.53) :
    The Link : http://filetrip.net/f24248-YSM3-6-53.html

Supported cart:

Unsupported cart:

Setup: Copy all file except the .txt

Latest DSCovery from spinal_cord (Running modified RGF Latest DAT v.6.53b + YSM3 Loader):
    The Link : http://filetrip.net/f24266-DScovery-for-M3-6-53b.html

Supported cart:

Unsupported cart:

Setup : Copy all file except the .txt

R4 Ultra...try AKIO 1.8.1
    R4 that run R4_pandora as secondary firmware, try removing the pandora before adding RGF's YSMENU for clone
    R4i SDHC.....try YSM3....or...R4i SDHC TTMENU from RGF v.6.53.
    N-Card/Firelink/UNC/DSLinker.......upgrade to DSLinker XMENU v.2.55

*Back up your original SD card content before adding those files*

Note: the original R4 refer to R4DS Revolution that can only run 1GB or 2GB Micro SD, R4 that can run SDHC or bear the name of R4i, R4 Ultra, R4 SDHC, etc. are all considered as clones.

15. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

The only firmware that will ever let me even boot the game is dstt wood v1.25, even then I have the black screen still..

16. xManaphyx

xManaphyx Member

I am using R4i SDHC( I am pretty sure, its a red box with R4i labeled and with V1.41)
    I can play pokemon White (J) (English patched) perfectly fine...
    but on pokemon white (U) , it pops out load rom error = -5 (As i heard, its AP error? i dont know)
    What have i did on my Cart...
    1) Changing it from V1.41 into V1.33b(Since the official webpage requests us to do it)
    2) Tried installing Wood R4, which Wood R4 is for R4i SDHC anyway? I followed the list, which are Wood R4 for M3 / DSTT
    I extracted... but when I open ,it just wont load, it showed no files can be booted in the SD card (Just a memory card labeled ? mark)
    (Did i miss any step in installing? What I just saw was extracting, then poof , done , but it didnt turn out that way)

3) You might say YSmenu , but i dont know how to install it , all of u guys keep saying.. extract it to the root, i did ! but it just appears ? mark error...
    4) somebody said i can just use Wood R4.nds to launch as a secondary firmware, i tried... it just loading.... (Endlessly, rather a freeze)

What should i do? sigh.

17. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

I have wood working on my r4-sdhc right now, but the only one i've found that works is the dstt wood v1.25 which is a secondary firmware (You keep 1.33b, and you can use wood via the multimedia part of 1.33b) And even then you will not be able to play black or white Eur/Us.. I can still only play Jap English patched.
    And on the YSmenu subject, I have never EVER gotten ysmenu or even ttmenu for that matter to work on my r4-sdhc using secondary (.nds).
    Well, I can get it to work but it will not boot games and I have put the files in that are supposed to fix that but didn't change.
    Anyway, that's all the help I can give..
    I'm currently about to try YSM3 6.53, i'll let you know :S..

18. ixcdee

ixcdee Member

Refer to this for R4i. Works fine for me.

19. juxtaranium

juxtaranium Member

I don't know what your on about, theres just one file inside the rar?

Edit: don't wory figured it out ha.

20. Newts_Ute

Newts_Ute Member

I've got this working on the R4 SDHC, played for 2 hours, proper exp gain, no freezing. The only thing I've not tested is the wifi.

After formatting my card I downloaded this
    http://filetrip.net/f24241-RetroGameFan-R4SDHC-Update-%28www-r4sdhc-com%29-6-53.html
    It will boot up and automatically start YSMenu

Then I downloaded the multi cart update from here
    http://filetrip.net/g25123605-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update.html
    In the <R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu> folder, copy the whole TTMENU onto your microSD merging with the existing folder.

Then grab the CLEAN rom and it works like a bought one.

I had a lot of trouble making this work for me so if I have helped anyone in anyway that is just awesome.