1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White AP Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kiekoes, Sep 17, 2010.

1. DarknessDarkrai

DarknessDarkrai Active Member

I am not sure if this is related to the AP or bad dumping or something else but i have been playing the game for a few hours and have been trying to get the "Shaking Grass" which gives rare pokemon. But i have no luck getting one yet.

The reason i am asking this is because when i played using the Japanese roms when it was released, getting the "Shaking Grass" wasn't that difficult. I only had to walk around near a grass area for about 200 steps without encountering a wild pokemon and i would get one "Shaking Grass".

But now even after trying for over 5 minutes and walking more than 1000 steps i am still unable to access the "Shaking Grass".

Does anyone else also has this problem (i am playing it on DeSmuME v0.9.7 with "PoleSmokers's" release).

2. Pinda NL

Pinda NL New Member

is not a answer for your question but im playing also on desmume 0 9 7 did you have any AP problems besides the gras thing???

@ other people

if you get 1 of the AP problems like freezing will your save file be corrupt???

3. DarknessDarkrai

DarknessDarkrai Active Member

I didn't get any other known AP problems.

To check how the AP worked first i downloaded the clean rom of "PoleSmokers's" release. Then i played on it and saw that the "No EXP" AP was there. Then i used the patch on it & the AP was removed. Also i didn't yet get any other problems like black screens nor freezing and the rom was loading prefectly even when the AP patch wasn't applied.

I forgot to mention that i tried to get a "Shaking Grass" before i applied the 'NO EXP' AP patch, and still it didn't appear.

4. tri-edge777

tri-edge777 New Member

just a quick question is there a difference between the english and jap version? like is there an extra in jap that is not in the eng?

and in the pokemon white v6 does the TV still talk in japanese since it keeps doing it in mine

5. kentx44

kentx44 Member

Anyway thanks!

6. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Nope. Nothing, besides the localized names and the fact that all Pokemon names are in lowercase.

7. trip4004

trip4004 Member

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Well if they is any please try asking her http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/index.php?board=7.0

Hope this helps!
    Post Merge: [time]1299495690[/time]
    You could try RGF firmware designd for R4SDHC cards

http://filetrip.net/f24241-RetroGameFan-R4SDHC-Update-%28www-r4sdhc-com%29-6-53.html

+ Clean ROM only

His page hear http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=5dade13c810ccd412cb3a4b03f3fe424&showtopic=267243&st=0&start=0

9. iwantds

iwantds Member

i cant get it running on my card. it says errcode =-5 for the eu version. by the way my card is this one:
    http://citicow.com/upfile/s2010525215920.jpg
    help pls. i realli am a big fan of pkmn

EDIT: btw my card's site is here: www.r4isdhc.com

10. Jhon 591

Are you running YSMenu on it ?

11. iwantds

iwantds Member

nope. it seems that YSMenu cant work on my card. could you give me the link to make sure?

12. Jhon 591

24240-RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.53

http://filetrip.net/f24240-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-53.html

I beleave you use the R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu folder in the rar arcive , place files on root and run on your ds TTMenu.nds <- run it like a game first for the use of YSmenu - Are rename it to _DS_MENU.dat as a firmware but unsure

13. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

14. iwantds

iwantds Member

whr do i paste the gamelist?

15. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You're welcome. Just remember to stick to using rom labelled as pre-patched or cracked from now on. But there are times that the N-Card can run clean unpatched rom perfectly that on the newer and more advance carts would normally show issues/problem. Maybe its because the old cart like N-Card/DSLinker/UNC/Firelink are now not viewed as a threat by the game developers. Anyway, have fun playing the game, hopefully you don't encounter any issues. If you want to cheat for Pokemon Black or White, you'll need to use the POKESAV for Pokemon Black and White program via your computer since you can't use cheat database file from your console for pokemon games. You can load wonder cards too via the latest Pokesav. ;)

16. iwantds

iwantds Member

OMG!!! Thank you so much Jhon 591!!! it works now!!! THNX SO MUCH!!!

17. Jhon 591

No problem and your welcome! ;)

18. Toyboy

Toyboy New Member

yesterday i d/l pokemon black clean, and it works perfectly with my ttds card and latest ysmenu, only thing that isn't working is WIFI.. when i try to find my connection it says: The acces point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com :(

19. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

:-X *deleted* Solved on my own.

20. Toyboy

Toyboy New Member

i just found out DS lite and games don't support wpa -.-