1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White AP Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kiekoes, Sep 17, 2010.

1. sharkm

sharkm Member

I am, like many others here, a nother user of r4i SDHC and just dont seem to get my game to work.
    I formatted my micro SD card and got the whole menu from this site:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

Notice I have the 3rd kind of R4 that is listen in this page, and I downloaded the English version(its 1.09).
    When I try to load the game normally I get an errorcode=4.

After spending the whole freaking night for a solution, I got one step closer to actually loading the game by downloading the TTmenu some guy posted on page 21.
    I then managed to actually fully load the game, though after I pick my name and the hot doctor chick tells me that "The journey begins" the actual game doesnt load and the screen staysblack forever.

If I need to download any other R4 menu that is more up-to-date then the one I listed, please tell me.

Also, I would like to thank everybody on this forum that are doing their absolute best to help others.

POKEMON!!!

2. crosell

crosell New Member

OMG, it is coming out tomorrow, there is no point translating it :p

3. Rossf

Rossf Member

I have it working on my R4 SDHC.

Here are the steps I used:

1. Set up YSmenu as the primary firmware using this guide: http://gbatemp.net/t223484-ysmenu-direct-boot-on-r4i-sdhc.
    Step 2 that link should be replaced by getting RGFs v6.52 update here : http://filetrip.net/d24211-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-52.html
    Also you can just skip step 3.
    2. Then set up Wood4TT 1.25 as a secondary firmware ( can be downloaded here: http://www.nimiso.com/kernels.php?action=dl&id=12&name=wood4tt125.zip). To do this place all the files on the root of the card and rename TTMENU.DAT to TTMENU.NDS and run it from inside YSmenu.

This is tested using the pokemon white PATCHED rom from page 1 of this thread.

Any questions feel free to ask, also sorry if I've broken any forum rules by posting the above links but I'm new here.

EDIT: At first I was trying this method with a 2GB microSD and I was getting the dreaded black screen after starting a new game. As far as I can remember, all I did was try it on an 8GB microSD without changing anything and it worked. No idea why the size of the microSD would have such an effect.

EDIT2: I realise there are many types of R4/R4i SDHC, mines is in the second blue box on this page: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

4. rajiv02

rajiv02 Member

helppppppp

5. joopknoop100

joopknoop100 New Member

Do you own the R4i SDHC or the R4 SDHC, i guess those are totally different...

6. trevor813

trevor813 Well-Known Member

I prefer using the TTS Menu since I'm not familuar with YSmenu and mines is 2gb and sandisk

7. Rossf

Rossf Member

See EDIT2, I own the R4 SDHC, but it may well work on the R4i SDHC as well, I just don't have one to test it with.

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Any one know what thease pokemon left over game IDs belong to ?

Cheers Jhon 591

IRAD - 5588 Pokemon Weisse Edition (EUR) (GE)
    IRAI - ?
    IRAS - ?
    IRBD - 5589 Pokemon Schwarze Edition (EUR) (GE)
    IRBS - ?

9. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me why does Pokemon Black freezes after 10mn playing? I play on a DSi with r4igold using the TTDS Menu (v6.52) I don't get the error code at first loading, I get xp but it freezes after 10mn playing, without black screen, just freezes! :( :( :( :( :( I play the Pre-patched version on front page, what's wrong please?! ???

10. enjoiPANDAS

enjoiPANDAS New Member

After I put the cheat to get rid of the blue screen, I reset it, but the blue screen still comes up. I retried it a few times, but it still didn't work.

11. misterdecent

misterdecent Member

I installed the latest WOODS firmware and played the (EU) version of the game, i was already working through the Japanese the version of the game, so i changed the save file name to that of the (EU) name. It loads up fine and everything but when i save it freezes, any idea?

12. Rossf

Rossf Member

Apart from the obvious one?
    Have you tried backing up your (J) save and starting a new on the (E) rom? If that works then the saves are incompatible, which is what I would expect anyway.

13. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

the cheat has been tweaked a little, go here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=53401.0

P.S: There was a thread like this? I'd have just posted the new cheat9by MaT35 here, if I knew about it a few days ago xD

14. sharkm

sharkm Member

This is directed to Rossf .
    I downloaded everything you said + the swtiched the files in the TTmenu folder like mentioned in the 2nd link you edited in so it will be 6.52.
    I am 90% sure the game version I have now is the patched, though Ill try downloading it again and see what happend.

Right now, after changing it to 8mb(and 2) still same result- black screen after "Journey begins".

Oh, and I have the R4i, the third one in the page you mentioned.

15. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Well i hope this is wright

BRGJ - 5591 Ishin no Arashi Shippu Ryomaden (JAP)
    B34J - 5590 Shogi World Champion Gekisashi (JAP)
    IRBF - 5587 Pokemon version Noire (EUR) (FR)
    IRAF - 5586 Pokemon version Blanche (EUR) (FR)
    IRBO - 5585 Pokemon Black Version (EU)
    IRAO - 5584 Pokemon White Version (EU)
    B6GE - 5583 Mega Bloks Diego Build and Rescue (US)
    CQJE - 5582 Mahjong Journey Quest for Tikal (US)
    VJCE - 5581 You Don't Know Jack (US)
    B2UP - XXXX Sports Collection (EU)
    BXJP - ?
    IRAD - 5588 Pokemon Weisse Edition (EUR) (GE)
    IRAI - XXXX Pokémon Versione Bianca (ITA)
    IRAS - XXXX Pokémon Edición Blanca (SP)
    IRBD - 5589 Pokemon Schwarze Edition (EUR) (GE)
    IRBS - XXXX Pokémon Edición Negra (SP)
    VD2V - ?

16. Rossf

Rossf Member

Hmm, the only thing I can think to suggest is to try loading a save I have created right after the new game begins.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1OK3KUOY

I know that's not an ideal solution but it'd be nice to see if it works.

17. mochilicious

mochilicious New Member

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or too general, but what's the difference between the clean and patched versions of this? Thanks.

18. DestinyZX

DestinyZX Well-Known Member

I've tried every patch and the game still freezes at the point in the first gym when I go to battle a trainer. I don't know what to do. I'm using a Supercard DS ONE SDHC with EOS Ver. 1.06 and I feel that the patch is worthless.

19. trevor813

trevor813 Well-Known Member

* waits for a new version of TTS Menu*

20. sharkm

sharkm Member

thats a great idea, but sadly the link is broken.

Also, if it is too much to ask, maybe you could copy you sav file to your pc and make a new save, just so If it works ill have a fresh start. ><