1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Yrael, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that's because you're an idiot, no offense but its true. I have never got a single virus and ive been using torrents for years.

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

The simple solution is not to download PC game warez evar.

Unless you've only got half a brain you probably never got a virus from DLing a console game since Pokemon Black isn't a 32kb .exe..

3. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

What is p2p again? I heard it before but I can't remember what it is for the life of me.

4. dragonfiesta

dragonfiesta Member

Best way to avoid downloading fakes / viruses is to look for the uploaders status... depending on what website you torrent from.

For example piratebay... try to download from people with 'VIP' or 'TRUSTED' status and make sure theres a few comments and have a read , if most are positive and they have a vip/trusted status you are pretty much safe.

On the other hand if you see a torrent with 300 seeders 1 Leecher... don't trust it ever.

Might sound obvious but lots of people just see the torrent name and start downloading without thinking.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I know I'm an idiot with PC's....

I don't ever download PC cracks/warez/all other PC crap, I buy my PC games legit...

I saw a trusted torrent and it infected my computer...

If they only had a torrent downloader that checked the files for virusses...

But yeah, I stepped out of torrents when my computer died. It's not the reason it died, though.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

peer to peer