1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Playing The World Ends With You in No$gba emulator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JTakashiNe, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Member

I did all that's said but I still hav earound 7 FPS when theres too many NPCs around :S Weird. And games like FFIV are pretty slow (every game thats in 3D actually).

Not a computer expert so Ill just paste the stats that my compute rgives me:

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+
    1,79 GHz, 1,00 GB Ram

Is that okay :S?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

fairly low by todays standards, and no$gba isnt hugely efficient, especially when it comes to 3D.

3. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Member

Which games should I use for 3D?

Hm I wouldn't mind the issues with World ends but its just sad cause it works great otherwise, its just the tiny speed issue :(

4. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

You'll just have to live with the slowdowns or you could play other games that isn't render intensive.

5. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Member

:(
    Would defrag help? Didnt do it for a while

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

unlikely.

7. tomitanoshii

defrag would just speed up no$gba from popping out into the screen. It won't speed up the emulator in any way I'm afraid.

8. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Member

Hmm what else could I do? I tried to give the process more priority it only seems to work slightly (my Keyboard lags very much in exchange)

9. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, it seems I was mistaken. 100 to 180 is my percentage. Thanks to Blade5406 for pointing it out. But after I rechecked it my fps is even higher than what I said before. It was 500+ most of the time but during battle it drop to 200+ and while scanning it was only around +10. Why is that? I don't think the game is fast at all and I don't any problems battling the enemy.

[Another note] Both Rai- Jin and meganova have higher processing power than me[1.66GHz,502mb RAM]. Shouldn't they be able to play faster than me? By the way meganova, I used OpenGL in the zoomer render options not no$gba settings.
    My computer doesn't have direct X.

10. Rai-Jin

Rai-Jin Member

Odd :-(

11. tomitanoshii

Play with the Emulation speed/LCD refresh settings if that doesn't work then I can't think of any other things right now.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Change the setting to the Unlimited MHz Disasters to speed up.

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

JTakashiNe,
    I play at normal speed(60fps).The only problem is the rom crashed in a scene where the main character run away from the frog(after the 1st battle)...did you past this point??

tominatoshii,
    where's the setting??

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

^Actually that's what happened to me at first try (selecting all EXTRA options). Have you tried selecting only EX0 like I said in one of my posts here.

15. tomitanoshii

If your using no$zoomer its on Options -> no$gba settings -> emulation speed / LCD refresh
    What he said.

16. meganova

Umm,change to what tomitanoshii??there are 8 option here...

17. tomitanoshii

When I said this it was meant for jtakashine.

18. meganova

oh..nevermind...
    The problems are solved...thanks!!

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

So how exactly playable is TWEWY on the emulator with the new thing?

20. meganova

what's the "new thing"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.