1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl On No$GBA [Saving Is Confirmed Working]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Golden Falcon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. dbigley

dbigley New Member

couple quick questions from someone who is not very technologically savy
    Is their any way to insert a save emulated game from a VBA into the gameboy slot to exchange pokemon through the pal park?
    Is there anything special I should know about using gameshark cheats. I've tried some I found online but everytime I enter them the No$GBA crashes. Are they just bad codes or is there something else that I need to know?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

As far as I know your first question isn't supported by emulators yet.

3. philktyu

philktyu New Member

Setting priority to the emulator will allow it to run at between 90 to 100 percent. Not perfect, but a lot more bearable than 30-60%. Good game overall and i hope they do find a fix for this! bright future for the emulators.

(BEWARE:setting priority will cause everything else you are running on the computer to slow down by a significant amount)

to set priority
    -hit ctrl+alt+delete
    -hit the "Processes" tab
    -find you're emulator (NO$GBA.EXE) in the list
    -right click it
    -goto SET PRIORITY
    -choose and click anything above normal.
    Above normal should do, as it already takes a lot of the resources.... it does to mine anyways.

4. Seph

Since my comp isn't that fast to begin with that didn't work for me either. I'll survive though. :)

5. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

Uhm what do i do if i get " data could not be read, please turn off power and reinsert the DS game card ",
    I've already tried File>ResetCartridge and it didnt work.

6. Seph

Read step 3 again on page one, you forgot to change the backup type.

7. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

Oh and uhm I can't seem to locate the " Flash something K " setting.. any particular reason why i cant find that heading in that box ?

8. xHaiTeKx

xHaiTeKx Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the fluctuation in speed for this rom incredibly weird? I notice that I'm running 55-60% outside and about 125-200% inside. Then in the menus or in battles it skyrockets to 600-700%. Hmm, DS emulation is sketchy at the moment, but I find this extremely odd in a game that runs 100% with no glitches (besides the speed issue heh). Now, I'm not complaining..progress is pretty good with the DS emulation...it makes sense that in the areas that require less load run faster...but holy hell the fluctuations are bit extreme. I would have expected it to be a bit balanced. It's almost like the game got put in fast forward lol.

EDIT: About the speed thing, I noticed it runs much better when it's the only program running(duh right?) Some people might not have been doing this though...I literally mean the only program. I turned off(not disabled) my antivirus, every folder, every program that I can rationally close(without shutting down my laptop), I even disconnected my internet(not the internet itself, just took out the ethernet out of my laptop, disable the wireless connection on your comp if this is how you connect to the internet). Close any browsers etc, I don't mess with the processes that much, but if you know something on there that you can disable without exploding your computer go ahead. Some people might know all this but common sense isn't so common. :)

I managed to increase that 50-60 percent outside speed to about 95-110 percent. Enjoy peeps!

-Tek

9. Seph

KingsofKings: Which version are you using?

HaiTek: Well I'm not really sure how NDS emulation works on code level but I'd imagine that the change between 2D and 3D will have a huge effect. Also in inside areas there's less to render than in the outside world, map size might be directly related to performance.

10. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

uhm.. im using the no$gba you had in that link on pg. 1

11. pr4v1n192

pr4v1n192 Member

i wanted to ask is this normal? in the roms to have nothing in the pond area...if it's a glitch is there a patch?
    heres a link with the picture.so is it possible to fix?????? ???

[​IMG]

12. Seph

KoK: Get the latest version here: emulator-zone.com

13. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

Thanks man,
    One more question,
    Do I have to configure it as the directions on the first page stated, or is this one already patched ?

14. pr4v1n192

pr4v1n192 Member

so is it possible to fix this no water glitch????

15. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

lol it might be a big tunnel
    xD

16. pr4v1n192

pr4v1n192 Member

lol but seriously does anyone else have this??? or is it just me....

17. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

Being serious now,
    Its probably something that just failed to load... just restart your game and see what happens,

Now for my question,
    Now that i have the updated no$gba, do I still have to go through the steps to patch it on the first page ?

18. pr4v1n192

pr4v1n192 Member

tried it and doesn't work??? oh and i'm pretty sure u still have to patch it unless u didn't already.

19. KingofKings.

KingofKings. Member

awwwwwwwwwww crud..
    Did you patch yours ?

20. pr4v1n192

pr4v1n192 Member

yep it took like 2 seconds ;D
    still trying to find out wth happened to the water :-\
    [​IMG]