1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl On No$GBA [Saving Is Confirmed Working]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Golden Falcon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Did you extract it or are you trying to run the .rar file?

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i'm not sure if it is from this site, but there is a pokemon pearl/diamond i can't play... maybe it is that file you downloaded... try again dude...

3. ZFH

ZFH Member

... :-X ...

riiiiight. my bad then ><

well now that i extracted the right file into the folder and i try to load the game i get a bla bla bla game could not be read etc (dunno if im supposed to though) then i try to do everything it says in the guide. but when i get to
    i look at the different things i can set it to with FLASH infront. and 128k is the highest. does it make any difference? since i can't play after i press reset cartridge.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

maybe it's your pc setup... i dunno...

5. ZFH

ZFH Member

The only problem that remains now actually is that when i save, close and then reopen NO$GBA and then pick my saved game the screen just goes black and then nothing else afterwards. :-\

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

that happens with me too, and i dunno what to do... say the IPS patch has been successfully applied, and once it's done the in game saving works fine, it doesn't work very well for me...

7. ZFH

ZFH Member

I tried to lower the Flash kb from 512 to 256. and then it worked :-*

8. k_tribal

k_tribal New Member

Argh..Still Can't get it to load!

Okay I'm just about ready to give up on this. I ttied everything on the first page and it all works for me until i have to load my saVed game. I've skimmed other forums (no offense. peace.love romulation) but still no avail. Can someone help me?

I saw a screenshot of the supposed patching process and the IPS patch's size was about 5mb. The one provided in the first page is only 26 bytes. This is the same patch I apply to the rom i downloaded here. I configured my noSgba to the specs but still nothing.

I also read about firmwares and deleting the no$gba.inp for it to work, also about decrypting and encrypting the rom before it works. Im a noob here and i am confused..can someone enlighten us please?

Thanks to Seph and the answering people.

9. can anyone teach me how to save in pokemon diamond???thanks

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

demon hunter, could you read the thread, please??...

k_tribal, unfortunately a lot of people have that problem, and it hasn't been solved yet...

11. i know it can be saved , but when i load it nothing comes out , only a black screen
    why???????

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It tells you how to make it work in the first post...

13. can you explain to me in a more detailed way?(about the patching thing)
    tell me step by step how you do it,ok??(thanks) :) :)

14. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i don't know what's your problem with the first post... it's already step by step... and it's simple... have you tried it out??... if you have what's your problem, then??...

15. Loonylion

If you are trying to load a save made before you followed the instructions in the first post of this thread, then no it wont work as the save file was not created properly.

follow the instructions in the first post, start the game again and then it will work from that point.

16. got it working at last!!!(thanks to those who have helped me) :) :) :)

i still got some questions to ask:

1)does pokemon diamond/pearl work in no$gba ver. 2.4f??

2)are there any legendarys in pokemon diamond/pearl??

3)how to catch them??

4)how to use wifi in pokemon diamond/pearl??

thanks again to those who have helped me out  :) ;) ;D

17. isaacz

isaacz New Member

yeah!!!finally i can save d thank

18. genjosanzo666

genjosanzo666 New Member

here some tips to get pokemon diamond saves and load working
    not sure about pokemon pearl

download pokemon pearl
    don't patch it, latest no$gba can work it
    use latest no$gba 2.5, you can get it from this link http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html
    use the early post specification 512 kb
    use emulation speed 50% and restart
    then you can play and saves

when trying to load your saves games
    when start screen appear push A as fast as you can and many times
    just ignore menu screen and keep pushing A button so it can load your saves

19. ceruleanised

ceruleanised Member

But I have one problem though I've finally got it working - whenever I view my Pokemon's stats through the menu>pokemon>(pokemon's name), I always see its silouhette in white instead of its picture. Is it the Rom or emulator's problem?

20. Loonylion

emulator, the rom is an exact copy of the cartridge so it is extremely unlikely there is anything wrong with it