1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl On No$GBA [Saving Is Confirmed Working]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Golden Falcon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. nickoftime

nickoftime Member

Ok, well, I did what you guys said to do. You can also do it for Mario Kart DS, Mario and Luigi - Partners in Time etc.
    Pretty cool actually, but it's going outrageously slow. My computer is very fast, but the game runs so slow. It says like 30-50% on the top bar thing. Like, in Pokemon, it takes about 5 seconds for the two sentences of text to load -.-'
    So, there is like 14 pages and I'm too lazy to read them all to find out how to get it faster xD

....is there a way to get it to go faster?

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

well i've read this thread and i must say... WOOOOOOOW!!! it's the biggest thread i've ever seen!!! but part of it it's because some people posted questions that were already answered, like the thing of the screen turning black due to pokemon storage, and sound settings, and the full screen thing... and lot more. what i wanted to say is that people in the forum should read the thread before asking questions. i had a lot of questions to ask, but i spent about 30 minutes reading the damn thread and i don't have a single question now. and there are people that should try and know a bit more about computers. not that i'm a genius, though...

3. MarioGuy13

MarioGuy13 New Member

OMG thank you. Ive been trying to get this to work for like ever.

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

ignoring what i said , check page 8.

5. nickoftime

nickoftime Member

Ok, I did and I don't know what you wanted me to see, LOL.

Oh yeah, Idid get to the first battle with the pokemon attacking us, but then it froze...?

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Enable/Disable sound.

7. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

dude, the only reason i'm not insulting you is romulation doesn't let me. man, you wanted more speed. i told you to check page 8. there's this reply, number 95, that revenion posted, that has two configurations: one for more speed :D and another for more stability :(. now patch the rom as it says in the very first post, then open no$gba, load the patched pokemon pearl and at the menu options, select emulation setup, then configure the setup like it says on page 8. note that speed will only increase in menus, battles and inside houses, the game speed won't increase significantly in the field.

just turn on the sound if it is off. if it is already on, then i can't do anything to fix it.

8. nickoftime

nickoftime Member

Um yeah
    See, they posted that on page 7 not 8.

9. Seph

I don\'t want a flame war here, the fact is it was posted so you could just have spent 10 minutes to read it, if you ignore the questions being asked then there really isn\'t that much to read.

10. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

is there a way to enlarge the screen? i think im going to go blind trying to play it

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think this has been asked before, and the answer was no.

12. ThaKid0710

ThaKid0710 Member

I got one quick question....what in the world is "IPS patch" and why can't I just press the start button and be able to got he save menu when i start out ???

13. Seph

An IPS patch basically contains information on how to modify the ROM file, for example if a few kb are wrong then instead of making a new 17MB ROM then they make an IPS patch, also these are legal to distribute.

And you can't simply just start it without any hassle because sometimes the world just isn't fair and you have to jump through hoops to get shit for free, if you want it perfect then go buy it, it's probably one of those games that deserve it anyway.

14. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

damn dudes... i think people on the forum don't like to read... after my post, winterreise's and others, people still don't read the thread... this world is surely going to end with people this lazy...

15. ThaKid0710

ThaKid0710 Member

Well I got one more last question. I figured out on how to save but I can't seem to get into the pause menu at all???? :-[ I even changed the controls and it still doesn't work..... :mad:

16. ZFH

ZFH Member

Hello there, i've got a problem with my emulator or w/e.

When i got to
    i was unsure about what you meant about "ROM" was it the game? (pearl / diamond) or something else? anyways i couldn't make anything work correctly after that part.

Note: i'm new to all this emulator, rom etc. thingy so please don't slaughter me :p

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a rom file is a game, yes.

18. ZFH

ZFH Member

Thank you, that helped a bit. now just for some new questions. when i open IPSWin. do i 'check' any of the things in the option box?

And what does he/you mean with
    i don't get any 'new' rom image after i've patched the Rom image. and would it make any difference if i didnt delete either the old rom image or the Patch / ipswin?

19. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

if you do as they say say should do, and the patched rom disappears after closing the IPS patch window, all you've gotta do is this: when a window appears saying the rom has been patched successfully, a new file will appear in the folder where you had the 1st pokemon game... if you close the window, it can disappear... if it does, then restart the patcher, patch the game, and before closing that window, copy the patched file and then paste it wherever you want... then you can close the window, and one of the files will disappear, but you still have the other one, and you will play (almost) perfectly... it's a solution i found out myself...

regards...

20. ZFH

ZFH Member

got another step further to being done ::)

another problem. when i open the NO$GBA and im about to find pearl / diamond / Rom thingy. it can't find any files that suits it properly (GBA ROM Images). so i tried to search for all files and then choose My image. but then i get 3 errors

-Bad Header Checksum (real gameboy would shutdown)
    -Bad ROM Entrypoint at header [000h]
    -Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header [0b2h]

i've got absolutely no idea about what that means.
    When i press ok i get a fatal error from NO$GBA ~ 'The rom-image has crashed.'

i've wondered about if it could be my pearl / diamond version or something. but i downloaded it off this side and i even tried to download the other one (Pearl insead of diamond) with no changes.

WTB Halp :-X