1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Piracy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maco123456, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Thank you tuhuber.

If it messed up a modded one, THAT'S THE POINT!

Consoles weren't made to be modded, hence why they break when the firmware and circuits are played with.

Same.

They could do a cfw like with psp's, and load games from the sd card...

No more flash carts then YAY!

FREE GAMING FOR ALL!

2. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

probably still need flash carts for regular DS games but the DSi downloadables may get to be from SD cards. but yeah custom firmware would be interesting as long as Nintendo doesn't start banning them from WiFi connect. ((though from the track record so far, I doubt they would ban like that... there are far to many cheaters and flashcart users on WiFi Connect... watching a mario kart race and seeing someone constantly have a star comes to mind...))

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I beat those with stars, I can snake, I can out pace a star racer :p

Well some "concept" vids (as in fakes but well made fakes) showed just booting normal games...

If the SD read speed is enough, I reckon to play roms from here to play is resonable.

The dsi games are locked to the system, same with all other consoles, can't be freed...

Though on a psp they can be frozen to work forever (psn games expire after set time, however you can convert them to iso's and play them like that on a cfw enabled psp)

4. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

Ah snaking... yes I do that myself. but I am fair about it, if the people I am racing are noobs that don't snake or cheat I play nice and don't snake... the straights... hehe by the way which character do you use hYpNoS? (more specifically the car)

so they say... the Wiiware games were supposedly locked to the console that purchased them but then hackers happens and now you can get Wiiware games for free... with homebrew channel and internets. So it will happen... It's just a matter of will someone take the time to do it.

It's funny how that works with the PSP... also funny that Sony doesn't even support their own format anymore... (bye bye PSP movie UMDs)