1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Piracy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maco123456, Mar 13, 2010.

1. j3553

j3553 Member

they cant really do anything about it. i mean, its nintendo, a company which does have more power then us, against pretty much all the people who have emulators. they're gonna have to go after every single people, don't they ? they can go after the emulator company/maker itself, but think about how many people have the emulators :eek:. they're not gonna msg every single people and beez laik , HEY U GIVE ME THE EMULATOR SO I CAN BURN IT.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Let's hope they won't be like ubisoft and use that new drm...

"HAY LETS FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY ONLINE OR ELSE THEY CAN'T PLAY-OH NO OUR SERVERS ARE DOWN-oh well let's go get a beer :p "

...utter crap...piracy is only good for moving around this bs.

3. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

blame but Wii kills both PS3 and Xbox 360 on reliability... next gen graphics are having too much issues... and with them our hard earned cash.

4. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Nintendo is "attacking" the R4 and not the other cards.
    I see more attacks at the R4!

5. Marnex

Marnex Well-Known Member

Someone found a savedata exploit for all PSP models with version 6.20, so hackers are finally (kinda) cracking the 3000 and GO. Sony will probably update the firmware, though.....

6. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I've yet to hear of anyone having reliability problems with their PS3...

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

likewise.

8. robj1969

robj1969 New Member

Have a look at ebay in the UK........loads of faulty ones with the YLOD

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Still a small percentage, i seen a few of those (almost bought 2 for the price of one).

When you find 500 in the search results let me know and I'll believe it's a big problem...still the has yet to fault on me :)

10. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

There was recently a problem with the internal calendar and the OS calendar which caused nearly all slims to be rendered useless, however it was only for a day. And no, this is not a late April Fools.

http://archive.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211173

11. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

LOL
    They are attacking every card they can block.

12. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

exactly... of course Ps3 kills Xbox 360, but Wii kills them both...

13. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Okay, do you have proof of this? Because I have heard of a few people having problems with unmodded Wiis, which I'd just put down to knowing more people with Wiis than PS3s, but you seem to think there is quite a disparity between the PS3's reliability and the Wii's.

14. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

This is how it is.
    End of discussion for me!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2022
  15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It was the 4.2 update, many had that issue...dodgy firmware, not the console.

16. yoshi2889

Just like the DSi's 1.4 firmware, the Wii 4.2 firmware blocks + deletes certain homebrew, and gives problems when modded (that's why I do not install homebrew on it).

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You obviously didn't read the quoted message.

UNMODDED wii consoles had this, it's because the 4.2 official firmware was dodgy and bricked some wii consoles that didn't even have any homebrew running

They fixed it since, because mine is on 4.2 and not a single problem.

18. yoshi2889

I did.

I said: and gives problem on modded consoles.

So I did said that homebrew could brick it, and also modded Wii's could have problems with the 4.2 firmware.

I never encountered one.

19. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Protip: to use Wii homebrew you need a modded Wii

The point you're missing is that v4.2 also caused problems for unmodded Wiis.

20. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

I guess I am one of the lucky few that got the 4.2 update and it didn't brick my Wii...but then again my Wii has also survived the dreaded failure to read duel layer disk issue that came out when smash Bros Brawl first came out. So Yeah...

I await the day that the homebrew community makes a homebrew channel for the DSi. That will be a hoot.