1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pimp Your DS - post your personalized DS here

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by crimson089, Jul 5, 2009.

1. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

damn im trying to figure out if i should post mine.... sigh mayb when i seen one that looks close to mine i will :p

2. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

sorry, i know it's a pretty stupid reaction but i just hate roaches >_<
    but honestly it looks cool and exotic on your ds.

i'm sorry maggiemaymaymay but what you've just posted is off-topic. this is under nintendo section so it's only for pimped DS, definitely not for psp. but you can create a new thread under the sony section.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not only that but it's just something that covers over it, my psp has a full on shel exchange.

4. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Badass.

Yo Timmy. I’m really happy for you. I’ma let you finish but My Nike DSi had one of the Licensed brand pimped DS. One of the best Licensed brand pimped DS of all time!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What currency is that?

Sounds a bit much for a decal...I wouldn't pay THAT much...

$20-30 AUD I'd pay at the most...sheesh my car decal wasn't even this expensive ::)

6. dancubs

I think he meant the DS, the Case and the sticker all in all, mate.

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

yeah... the sticker only cost me about $0.50 in USD

8. ndsrapid

ndsrapid Well-Known Member

Oh my... I hate stickers!

9. crimson089

I hope it's okay to bump this thread >_<

well I personalized my DSi and here it is:

[​IMG]

it's an ultimate black mashi maro protective shell from joytron korea. it's quite costly with that strap & stylus, but i guess it looks fine. i miss my old ds lite :'(

10. dancubs

Hey hey. You actually bought a DSi! Great! How much did the pimping out cost you? What flash cart are ya using now? Is your DSi on 1.4?

11. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Judging from the little bit of sticker on top, and the skin, it looks to be an R4i

I ditched the cockroach sticker, and dropped another 15 bucks for this. It's a Bumblebee Transformers hard case from Gamestop with a matching stylus

DS closed
    [​IMG]

DS open
    [​IMG]

DS closed with limited edition stylus
    [​IMG]

12. crimson089

yup, i bought it last april for my birthday. it was a japanese version though, but the menu is easy to understand. i just recently pimped it and it costs Php900, i think that's $20, but i told the seller i wouldn't pay for that high price so he gave me a Php300 discount, i think that's $7 lol. timmy is right, i'm using r4i and my dsi is still v1.0 upto now hahah i don't want to update it. btw dancubs, thank you very much for that advice, i wouldn't forget it and i really appreciate it ^-^. although i still prefer a ds lite, if it wasn't for that inevitable hinge :(

wow, your ds looks awesome! i love bumblebee, it's way better than roaches lol. you just made me feel nostalgic again, i miss my ds lite :'( :'(

13. janbertwafu

janbertwafu Member

whats up mate?
    just wanna ask where have you pimped your ds? and do they still pimp lites?
    by the way im Filipino too. hope youll answer me.

14. Yohko86

Yohko86 Member

Wow, these modded DS systems look great! And all I have is my plain ol' black one... Maybe I should try my hand at modding (or have Colorware hook me up with some hot custom colors)...

15. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

I bought a Zelda replacement case from ShopTemp a week ago, I'll post when I've got it.

16. crimson089

we just pimped it ourselves ^-^

that's a great idea, but i suggest you should be extremely careful when modding your ds as it might ruin your unit. mine was not totally modded, it's just a protective shell with various designs to choose from. and also timmy's, it's a great way to protect your ds with superb styles ^-^

17. dancubs

I like the DSi better. But yeah, if you like the lite more, no problems there. My DSi has a new design on. Skullcandy. I'll post it up when I can. Still being lazy. :p Btw, PM me about your DSi. Where you bought it, how much, and what'd it come with. ;) Thanks.

18. crimson089

skullcandy, i find them very expensive. okay let's see the new dsi design soon ^-^

19. kiyo8989

kiyo8989 Active Member

Mine was juz a plain lame color that is ice blue :( really want to mod it but don't know where to buy and which brand has a good quality. :( :(

(srry if the english is bad)