1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Picross DS extra puzzles (Now with even more Picross 3D issues @.@)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by m64m, Jul 13, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

So it might be worth my while to pick up the (U) version and have that too? Interesting. If that version works well with trimming, I may just pick it up, trim it, and take advantage of all the extra puzzles.

2. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

The puzzle was titled 'Biplane 2'. Pretty impressive. A guy in a biplane.

Finished the puzzle, re-connected to Wi-Fi, checked for updates, reset the system, and....no visible corruption. Seems to work fine. If anything happens though, I'll post here.

3. LuckyTrouble77

Well, I'm glad the (U) version works well so far. This is kind of making me want to take a break from Dragon Questing and take a go at some Picross puzzles again.

4. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I'm actually starting DQ from the beginning. DW on GBC ftw XD

In terms of unique puzzles, as I've said before, there are 10 packs, and I didn't really count on the (E) version, but this one contest pack has the top 20 entries in it.

5. LuckyTrouble77

I prefer the original NES version of Dragon Warrior. They changed names and such in the GBC version, which I really don't understand as to why. If you don't have it already, nesDS will play the game perfectly.

The creativity with some of these puzzles is pretty amazing. I'm surprised at how good some people are with simple blocks.

6. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

I have it. Always thought the latest release of games was better. Guess I should check it out XD

I know. I want to enter the next contest, but I'm sure I'll fail ;_;

7. LuckyTrouble77

I entered a couple contests, don't think my puzzles really stacked up though compared to some of the other ones. If you ever play a puzzle by "Nate Drake", you found one by me.

8. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Aww. Shame. Thought we could trade puzzles. I think we can in Picross DS.

9. LuckyTrouble77

I didn't play Picross DS that much. Like I said, too much guesswork. Plus, designing puzzles in Picross 3D is incredibly fun and fast if you know what you're doing.

10. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

This is true. The free mode is far more difficult.

As for 3D, I guess we'll have to try our best to get in the top 20 XD

11. LuckyTrouble77

I'll just design something completely and utterly fantastic. It will be a single block randomly placed in a giant square. That should throw people for a loop. xD

12. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Just did my piece for the (U) contest. Hope I win XD

In regards to the (E) rom, I'm going to try it again. I trimmed it, but I saved an untrimmed one just like (U). I'll post the results later.

13. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Untrimmed (E) rom for Picross 3D seems to work fine =D

Also, in regards to the puzzles for Picross DS, I found a way around it. Since I have a large enough SD card, I just made enough copies of Picross DS to hold each game's puzzle packs (10 games; around 300-320 MB, + 10MB in .sav files). It's advised that the games are labeled accordingly.

14. LuckyTrouble77

So trimmed (E) is a no go then for sure?

I don't really have a large enough cart to do that (only 2GB), but that is a solid solution for others.

15. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

Yes. Absolutely do not trim an (E) version of Picross 3D if you have a TTDS (and maybe R4).

I have a 4 and an 8, so I can spare the 350 MB, but yeah, I wouldn't suggest it for 2 and under. It's a significant chunk for that size card.