1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Photography

Discussion in 'Sports' started by KaiserSensei, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Yea, I know... I disabled them some time ago.

2. ndsrapid

ndsrapid Well-Known Member

I'm very wondered by these photographs...
    Photography is a real art!

3. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

I'm doing Photography :] I <3 it, we went to the beach for a trip and just took photos :D besides that i really enjoy it and ended up having some of my photography shown in an exhibition. But i got a fever and flu and ended up missing the entire thing .___.

4. buuured

buuured Well-Known Member

lol that sucks but if you we're in an exibition your good so it'll happen again, if you have a flickr can you link if its not too much trouble im curious now.

5. r1motochick

r1motochick Well-Known Member

Wow! You are incredible!!! I was never into scenery or animals; all my photograph are of musicians onstage. It gets really stressful sometimes. Also, there's the stress of only taking the first 3 songs only and of course, the female singers.....only taking shots of one side of their faces......! Maybe I should try your kind of photography! lol!

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Amazing photos :) I remember adding B2k as a contact too... so yeah

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamage/

Haven't touched that thing in a while, so bear with me.

Canon Digital Rebel XT, set lens (I suck at saving up money :S)

7. Adiraya

Adiraya Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nikon D90, 17-50mm f2.8 Tamron lens, and 70-200mm f2.8 Tamron lens used.

CPL filter used, and for still life shot of the flower just a UV filter.

Standard tripod (forgot the brand)

This year I wanna get a 105mm Nikkor lens as I do a lot of food photography and still life photography as well as flowers and animals.

Post Merge: [time]1262513365[/time]
    dammit..... imageshack is confusing the hell out of me!!!!!

pics are so small.... sorry guys....
    Post Merge: [time]1262513972[/time]

Yes you do need macro... Macro lenses arent just for SUPER close ups. But actually you can get a really good normal close ups pictures with macro lens. That's why I'm getting the 105 mm Nikkor macro. Try getting a macro lens and you will see a significant difference. I own a 70-200 mm lens and it's not satisfying. Let alone 70-300 mm... It's gonna be hard to focus at 300mm without a tripod. And a GOOD tripod at that. So yeah if you can borrow a macro lens I suggest you borrow it first and compare with the 70-300 zoom lens. You will know what I'm talking about.

8. buuured

yeah on flickr i got a message say that i have almost 200 photos uploaded andif i go above that only the newst 200 will be visable , will it delete them or wont they be visable?

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

So, I've been developing and printing black and white photos in photography club. I finally uploaded them to Flickr, so here they are. Prints of my Asian homies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click on the images to go to their respective Flickr pages.

10. Adiraya

Adiraya Member

nice BW pics.... although a lil bit OE... nice grainy effects tho'.... ISO? or Pshop?

11. Born2killx

The grain's natural. These images are unedited, straight from the scanner. I think I screwed up when developing my film, so making prints was pretty frustrating.

12. buuured

ahhh film, its an under appretiated art that is slowly dying.

13. Born2killx

Just got home from photo club and scanned the best print I made.

[​IMG]

"Taken on the Tribeca Bridge facing east. This print utilizes the darkroom technique of burning to darken the overexposed right half of the picture."

14. gx280

gx280 Guest

Would of taken you a while, Nice one :)

15. Adiraya

Adiraya Member

No actually a lot of photographers are still using film nowadays.... especially those using medium format cameras like Hasselblad.

Of course it's very hard to find films in your average camera stores, but at a real camera store freaks, you can find them films easily. Velvia films are actually one of the hardest to find. But some stores stock em up, usually those old camera stores.

But I have to say. Real photographers will pick up film cameras once in their life. Even those starting with digital will someday try their hands on film cameras. Just because there are some film photos that has a look that even digital camera cannot achieve.

16. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

There was a time when I was interested in photography... but then I discovered that I had no aptitude for it, so I quit.

I have a digicam, Canon EOS 450D, a Holga lomocam and a pinhole camera I built from a really cheap kit. All of my pictures are crap. I still have some rolls of undeveloped 120mm film lying around here... probably expired, haha. Maybe I'll give it another go someday.

PS Nice shot of the dandelion : )

17. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

Y'all got some handsome skills!Congratulations for the beautyful pictures!