1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Philosophy?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by kamage, Apr 25, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

How one should live should not be determined by existence alone, but the nature of the consumer, and the general outlook of knowledge.

I challenge you RomUlation, What is the way to live through this painstaking gamble called life? Through Ethics, and what not, we shall be able to determine..something weird....after what has "Becometh" of this topic...

What is your path to moral ethics, and how will you guide us to your goal?

Philosophy is irrelevant to some subjects, but others, phylosophy is required to understand what is, and what is not there. As the study of ethics, through endless pondering, or impractical questions, one must know what to say, before one must...say it....

One must talk in question form, as though you are a philosopher, and you must answer with questions, then the path to whatever will be reached upon yeah..

Philosophy is the study of ethics, but ethics is nothing but moral conduct, why must we learn Philosophy to understand out actions? Is it needed, or in other words necessary?

It's weird talking in this form, but it is truely an art, isn't it?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Bide the Wiccan Laws we must
    In Perfect Love and Perfect Trust.

Live and let live,
    Fairly take and fairly give.

Cast the Circle thrice about,
    To keep the evil spirits out.
    To bind the spell every time,
    Let the spell be spake in rhyme.

Soft of eye and light of touch,
    Speak little, listen much.

Deosil go by the waxing moon,
    Chanting out the Witches’ Rune.

Widdershins go by the waning moon,
    Chanting out the baneful rune.
    When the Lady’s moon is new,
    Kiss the hand to her, times two.

When the moon rides at her peak,
    Then your heart’s desire seek.
    Heed the North wind’s mighty gale,
    Lock the door and drop the sail.

When the wind comes from the South,
    Love will kiss thee on the mouth.
    When the wind blows from the West,
    Departed souls will have no rest.

When the wind blows from the East,
    Expect the new and set the feast.

Nine woods in the cauldron go,
    Burn them fast and burn them slow.

Elder be the Lady’s tree,
    Burn it not or cursed you’ll be.
    When the Wheel begins to turn,
    Let the Beltane fires burn.

When the Wheel has turned to Yule,
    Light the log and the Horned One rules.

Heed ye Flower, Bush and Tree,
    By the Lady, blessed be.

Where the rippling waters go,
    Cast a stone and truth you’ll know.
    When ye have a true need,
    Hearken not to other’s greed.

With a fool no season spend,
    Lest ye be counted as his friend.
    Merry meet and merry part,
    Bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Threefold Law you should,
    Three times bad and three times good.
    When misfortune is enow,
    Wear the blue star on thy brow.

True in Love ever be,
    Lest thy lover’s false to thee.

Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill:
    An ye harm none, do what ye will.

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Philosophy is boring.....

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its the least boring subject you can imagine :)

5. calvin_0

true, there is subject that is much boring then philosophy......but it still a boring subject, to me atleast.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I love Philosophy, especially the classical stuff like the battle between realism & Naturalism

My favorite Philosophical "interpretation" or explanation of the human mind is that we are born onto this earth as a blank slate & what we we are is determined by what influences us. And don't forget the "I think, therefore I am" Philosophy :)

7. calvin_0

o.k..i think i'll move along.....this isnt my stuff...

8. ultra

ultra Guest

we follow norms in which society [that's us and us as in the broad general audience] so we can fit in. try doing something out of the usual and you're either gay or some nut looking for attention or a nut case.

when we look at other cultures that perform different tradition then what we [we as in ourselves based on where we live and what we practice] we find it weird [weird as it is strange to us because of our misunderstanding of their way of life, etc].

doesn't south park have some example of this stuff?!

9. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

The goal of philosophy is to describe the ethics, dynamics and interactions of humans in a systematic way, so that the experiments can be reproduced and we can use the results in future problems.

I haven't studied philosophy, so I don't know the theorems behind it. But I think I can follow the discussion.

Anyhow, more beer (seph!) will bring us to a faster conclusion.

10. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

The way to live? Theres no such thing as "THE" way to live, our form of existence is a conclusion base on our previous experience and decisions.

Philosophy maybe the study of morals, the study of conduct, but is it not that something as such is purely relative?
    Society defines our nature of perception, defines what is and whats not, defines the truth from the lie, defines the color of black and white, defines what is good and what is evil.

Philosophy itself maybe considered an endless contemplation of thoughts that implies impractical questions and meanings. But is it not that such nonsensical uttering is what gives man the art of thinking?

True it maybe that the significance of such may prove less entailing to others. But this I ask, does the meaning of others signifies the meaning of yourself?.

Ponder not on what is, as it is what it is not.

[man this feels weird, everything here is subjective - no need to take it seriously.]

11. HavocInfinity

HavocInfinity Member

I think John Locke is the one that theorized the "blank slate" theory, and Descartes with the "I think, therefore I am."
    I just finished reading a book titled "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote. I don't want to spoil the book, but it was pretty interesting, and let unfold an interesting theory that I would never have thought of. If interested, read it! (wow, I just used "interest" three times).

12. Veritarch

Veritarch Member

Philosophy is the search for truth, or enlightenment in some circles.

Whatever the case, philosophy plays a bigger part in our lives than one would think. However, to understand philosophical theory is to understand the search for truth. One cannot look for truth if one does not know where to look. Therefore, if one desires to study philosophy, one must know where to start looking for "truth". Men spend their entire lives looking for truth, and some find it, but most realize that the truth they have been looking for is right under their nose.

The first unofficial rule of philosophy: keep your eyes open, you might see something differently if you look hard enough.

13. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

Staying alive is simple.
    What you do with that life is subjective and ultimately pointless.

Do whatever you feel is best.

14. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Man i Love Forum Philosophy Debates.

Keeps me Entertaind For Hours Reading and Understand Every Drop of words you guys say.

Intresting, Since im realy not a Fan of Reading.

Thats Probly Philosophy in itself :D

I dont no anything about it Exept that somehow im glood to my screen reading

Wierd

15. elk1007

elk1007 Well-Known Member

Probably the best philosophy book one could read:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0553375407/sr=8-1/qid=1221255068/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1221255068&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=used

Sorry if it's not available in your country. You can order it in the US for less than $10. That's AFTER shipping, too.