1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Phantasy Star Zero technical help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, Nov 11, 2009.

1. supernova-777

supernova-777 Active Member

Can anyone tell me how to make the game run on akaio or r4sdhc?

2. LinkMasterJ

LinkMasterJ Active Member

I can't seem to contact my friend in Wi-Fi. I added him on my list and he added me on his, but for some reason we can't play at all when we go online. It only gives me the option to delete him from my roster. Help? I'm running on an original R4 Version 1.23

Will this ROM work? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CCUZ9K4

3. Dumachum

Dumachum Member

Super Robot OG Taisen Saga works fine on No$Zoomer.

So does Rune Factory but there are some issues with saving.
    Post Merge: [time]1258182113[/time]
    DesMuME actually runs the game faster than No$ on my system. That's very unusual.

And for some reason No$ hates PSZ's first quest. It's bizarre. the same enemies don't even spawn on No$ and DeSmuME. It's totally different.
    Post Merge: [time]1258182535[/time]
    It is NOT playable on No$. The first quest bugs out and will not continue after you clear the first area.

The only emulator it works 100% on is DeSmuME.

4. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

DesMuME actually runs the game faster than No$ on my system. That's very unusual.
    And for some reason No$ hates PSZ's first quest. It's bizarre. the same enemies don't even spawn on No$ and DeSmuME. It's totally different.

-Dumachum

Haha, yeah. For me playing on Desmume is like playing in slow motion, I dont have enough patience to push through it either. Oh well, Guess Ill have to wait until I can afford the actuall game and system. That is bizarre. I played through with mutliple new games and even retired from the quests and restarted them. I would get some usual enemies like snakes, birds and warthogs or something but here and there I would come against the monsters that didnt die, they just ran away and these two giant dogs that seemed to strong that early in the game. Dont know if they were suppose to be there or not but I thought it was interesting. Hopefully No$GBA will finally release a new version with some newer issues in mind.

5. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

can you use your save file from a flashcart on desmume?

6. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

I suppose if you converted the save file but as far as I know desmume saves a .dsv file while a regular save is just .sav.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

There's a savefile converter but I don't see .dsv

8. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

google .dsv to .sav converter. The second option. That should do it. Id actually look but im just trying out rune factory 2 at the moment.

9. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I use a different site to convert so I didn't know,sorry >.<

10. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

It's cool. I've never actually used a convertor. I like no$gba, so its all i use and desmume is too good for my pc. I think this thread has been officially hi-jacked. o_O Umm so yeah, PSZ is a no go on No$gba for the moment haha, maybe the genius that is xenophobia and bahamut will try to work something out. -.-

11. imperialmask

imperialmask Member

Looks like you can't play with friends over wi-fi with the current patched Xenophobia version. You can go Free Play, but it's not the same thin.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

No one can play this game using no$gba and no$zoomer ?

13. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

No, at least not the way we'd like anyways. Playing PSZ on no$gba basically turns it into a demo.
    You can play all the way up to the first mission and a little of it but thats it. You can not continue because the game never creates the path to the next area so your just kinda stuck in the first area.

14. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

???
    I can continue the game, currently on the 2nd story mission in that place with snow.

15. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

You started the game with no$gba? what race?

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Human.
    Question, do you have a file called firmware.bin in your No$gba folder ?

17. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

Yeah, I have the firmware and the arm files. Had to get them for Kingdom Hearts.

18. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought that file was the cause.
    But I still can play it using No$gba, hmmm.... I should check around a bit.

What is exactly the error when using no$gba ?

19. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

There really isn't one. Game loads, create character and play game. Just when I do the first mission, it loads the map with no exit to the second part of the mission where your guest character leaves you. I've completed the area multiple times and it's always dead ends.

20. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I see, I'll try this game from the start again then.
    Perhaps there's something I can found out.
    Post Merge: [time]1258213092[/time]
    This is what I found, it seems that the Event when Kai leaves you happened after you wander around in the field for a while. You don't have to reach a spesific area.

But when I don't have the firmware.bin, BIOSNDS7.ROM, and BIOSNDS9.ROM, the Death End thing happened.