1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Phantasy Star Zero technical help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SpecterM91

SpecterM91 Well-Known Member

So, which one should we be using? The patched Xenophobia rom or the Bahamut one?

2. Dragard

Dragard Member

The Bahamut one doesn't show retail or Xenophobia people online when you add them with friend codes. If the Xenophobia with the patch was to make it work with everything, which I'm sure that was the point of it... then I guess that one would be better... Still kinda confused though, as I found a patch for bahamut and it didn't work...

3. SpecterM91

Ah, okay. Where is the Xenophobia patch? I can't seem to find it.

4. chankoktze

chankoktze New Member

note: emulator player only

always try another emulator if one don't work, exp: DeSmuME. if all else fail? pay the price, that should work.

my change from No$GBA to DeSmuME

1st: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Endless Frontier
    No$GBA: crash after few rounds of fight. DeSmuME: beat the game, NICE! recommended.

2nd: Rune Factory - A Fantasy Harvest Moon
    No$GBA: white screen after intro. DeSmuME: it's cute, but bore... stop...

3rd: Rondo of Swords
    No$GBA: cannot run at all, total white screen. DeSmuME: hard but still trying, so no like other SLG

4th: Phantasy Star Zero
    No$GBA: well... you're here. DeSmuME: now playing, pass the crashing point.

generally, No$GBA is my initial choice because of No$Zoomer which can made DS in left-right instead of top-bottom, best fix in Wide LCD.

but what can i say about games that didn't work? i'm an illegal / cheater / dirty/ pirated player who use emulator... so, if i can get it, play it; can't, that's my bad luck.

5. Dragard

Dragard Member

Oh, and is Xenophobia's the (J) one?

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Using no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 for No$gba 2.6a you can activate the Extra (like a fix for some games) in the Other tab.

There's an Ex option for PSZ in it, it's Ex 2.

Activate it and it may help playing this game on No$gba.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

BAHAMUT version works fine on R4 with YSmenu so far.

Successfully completed the first mission.
    So far so good.

8. nekonolan

nekonolan Active Member

Yes, but there is also a (U) version, but it's no longer on this site
    Post Merge: [time]1258110832[/time]
    This is the patch
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mdgljz
    Or you could just download the prepatched rom too
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7CCUZ9K4
    It does work on M3 Real and M3i Zero
    Post Merge: [time]1258111973[/time]
    If you are using M3 Real or M3i Zero, use the patched Xenophobia, otherwise I guess you use the Bahamut for other cards, I only have an M3 Real, so I am not sure about other cards

9. SpecterM91

So, let's say I use an R4 with YSmenu, but I want to play with people with the retail copy. Xenophobia dump with the patch, then?

EDIT: Okay, I went ahead and replaced my Bahamut version with the patched Xenophobia dump. So, if I add someone who's playing with the retail copy, it'll work, right? That was just an issue with the Bahamut dump, not the patched XPA one?

10. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

You can play the unpatched version on No$GBA 2.6a with No$Zoomer 2.3.2, just tick the extra for PSZ in the others menu, but as someone mentioned before in the first mission it doesn't load the second area. Not sure exactly how that works but Ive tried the same rom on Desmume and got through the mission just fine. Unfortunetly for me Desmume is to slow on this pc. Fail.

11. nekonolan

nekonolan Active Member

From what I know, at least with M3 Real, the patched nor none patched version will work with the retail version, but that's only with M3 Real as far as I know, you can test it and see if it will work with R4

12. SpecterM91

Alright, I'll test it later.

EDIT: Okay, I can't seem to find anyone I know who has the retail copy.

13. nekonolan

nekonolan Active Member

I haven't been able to find anyone as well, I tested the wifi on the first day it came out and it connected to the wifi and I spent 10 to 20 minutes waiting for someone to connect. But I am going to try again when I get home. I am in school as of now.

14. SpecterM91

Well, wifi works for me, but I'm not sure about friend codes. I've managed to get into three different free play games, one with all four slots filled.

EDIT: I can confirm that it does not work with retail copies.

15. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

anyone here got PSZ working on no$gba?
    and no I don't want to use Desmune because i want to use my Save file from my flashcart

again anyone here got PSZ working on No$gba?

16. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

Hey anyone got this working on original r4 without ysmenu? firmware v1.18

17. SVAbelial

SVAbelial Member

You can play the unpatched version on No$GBA 2.6a with No$Zoomer 2.3.2, just tick the extra for PSZ in the others menu, but as someone mentioned before in the first mission it doesn't load the second area. Not sure exactly how that works but Ive tried the same rom on Desmume and got through the mission just fine. Unfortunetly for me Desmume is to slow on this pc. Fail.

18. SpecterM91

That's what mine's running on. Works fine.

19. Arkverdugo

Arkverdugo New Member

I can also confirm that both the Xeno patch and Bahamut patch do not fix online play for R4 1.18 and Ysmenu

20. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Playing it just fine on no$gba so far, no problem whatsoever ;D
    Follow what SVAbelial said