1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Phantasy Star Zero technical help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, Nov 11, 2009.

1. altair009

altair009 Well-Known Member

I can't select or deselect the EX's on my Zoomer (all of them are checked) ....help?

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

What exactly happened ?
    Do you use the right version of no$gba and no$zoomer ?

3. Toxxysko

Toxxysko New Member

Very very strange set of circumstances. =\

XPA + Patch pretty much solved all my issues including the drop rate. Have you tried without cheats?

EDIT: Reading comprehension FTW. So you've tried it. I've got nothing. =(

4. YoNix

YoNix New Member

After trying the XPA+patch again, I'm getting 2-4 items per chest.
    I still mostly get mates, fluids, mats, drops.. but now I'm getting some weapons too.
    I'm running the hard tower, and I seem to only get Neschers (sp?) and some other common reds.
    After running the whole 101 floors, I havent gotten any rare rare (as in souls and some other weapons). Am I just unlucky, Or my drop rate still isn't normal?

5. omega71

omega71 Member

I am using an AceKard 2i with the current loaders, Bahamat version, everything works awesome no complaints, just a question.

Is there a way to use the Japanese cheats for the US version, or is there a new cheat file for the US version that I cannot find?

6. chaz2000

chaz2000 Active Member

hi how do i get the patched version of phanasty star zero?

7. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

patch it yourself, look on the comments of the game and look for xenophobia patch.

8. nar1217

nar1217 New Member

I keep freezing on the first boss. As soon as I'm intering the teleporter. Any sugestions. Oh I'm using an R4 with a 1.24 beta film ware.

9. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage Well-Known Member

I think I might have the solution to Emulation on No$GBA and No$Zoomer, of course you need the latest versions...

I've been reading this thread, and sort of troubleshooted it, I also remembered that No$GBA has it's own setting for Phantasy Star Zero a few months back when I was trying Super Robot Taisen OG Saga... anyway.

I've checked your guys reports, about the save file not working, freezing etc...
    When I ran it for the first time yesterday, it crashed, and I was really mad because this was one of the games I've been waiting all year to play. So that was one of the problems.

1) Simple, set your No$Zoomer language to Japanese. Yes, Japanese.
    2) Now, load up your rom as usual, but don't start a new game yet.
    3) Under the extra menu select, Phantasy Star Zero, as a setting. If you check you No$Zoomer.ini, it will say PatchFlag=7, something like that. Your EX0, EX1, and EX2 will also be checked.
    4) Set the language back to english, and reset the cartridge. You can also make the rom for it's own settings, if you want.
    5) Play the game. You'll notice it doesn't crash on load, doesn't crash on the boss, your save file will always be there etc. I've been playing most of the day today, I'm already on the 4th main quest, everything is fine.

This should work on your computer, if it worked on mine... mine is really slow and hates me, so I don't see why not for you.

Look at this video, it shows how I did it.
    http://emerald-haven.ning.com/video/emulating-phantasy-star-zero

PS: Sorry if the video service isn't adequate, I never use my YouTube in a long time so this is all I had.

10. ravage

ravage Member

Well if you guys can help me out here... I have gotten Phantasy Star Zero from a different rom site...the version I have is:

B-PS0.NDs

Final Revision date:

11-11-2009

Now everything works fine so far, but to read that there were some saving issues and such, well I just want to know if the version I have is the best one or if there are still some other problems I am not yet aware of.

The only thing I have discovered about saving is that it clearly states that the game does NOT save progress in the middle of a quest/mission. I assume that is the nature of the game but if some one can clarify that would be great. Thanks!

11. Shin The Archmage

No, when you save during a quest, your items and experience will get saved, however you will be sent back to Dairon when you quit the game and reload. It's not a technical issue, that's how the game works so to keep the challenge.

12. ravage

ravage Member

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Also based on the ROM version I have listed then I guess I should be good then? Thanks again

13. supernova-777

supernova-777 Active Member

can anyone help me with a patch for akaio version 1.4.1(i can't upgrade) or r4sdhc (a clone) because i read through the thread and found nothing.
    i really want to play this but when the I start the game i get a white screen

14. Shin The Archmage

Yes, everything should be fine, and no problem.

15. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

so to get it to work on no$gba i gotta download the japanese version right?

16. Shin The Archmage

There is an English version... or you can just find that translation and put it into the Languages folder...
    Then you just change the language in the 4th menu, look at some previous posts for reference, but I'll help you if you still have difficulty.

Find it here.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

17. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Using no$gba and no$zoomer, you basically just need a file called firmware.bin and a fresh Rom from RomU.
    After that, no problem whatsoever.

18. tetiks

tetiks New Member

:D Thanks for uploading :D

19. palespectre

palespectre New Member

hmm i am confused.. so is the friend code issue already fixed? cause i tried all the releases and i still cant see my friend online. will a kindly soul, pls assist me with regards to the fix..or where i can get it

20. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

Akaio 1.6 RC2 not working for me. Haven't tried the patch yet.