1. This forum is in read-only mode.

people eatinr deep fried fish that still alive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apollooo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

why would you eat something alive?
    and is it raw?

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it wont be alive anymore if its fried.

3. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

roflmao ... oh man,you're too funny :)

4. ulikepie

ulikepie Well-Known Member

Poor fishy but how is that possible?

5. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

i dunno... maybe cecause the process is fast, so it's half raw and half fried

6. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

hmmm i don't really have any eating constraints ( I will eat/try anything ) and I eat seafood on the regular, especially sushi, but this just kinds irked me... seems very cruel in my eyes.. I think I will pass on watching my food wide awake and staring at me as I devour it.. bleh

7. MindFever

Catt Moupe: you find eating sushi cruel ? whats your problem with dead fish ? the fish wasnt alive you know... no chance it was

8. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

"I eat seafood on the regular, especially sushi" read my post again... i eat the fck out of sushi and other fish fewds.. what i thought was cruel waas that the thing could possibly still be alive but i guess if you really think about it it's just muscle contractions and shit.. either way i was going under the assumption that the thing was still alive...that would be cruel .. yes.. :p
    Post Merge: [time]1258933786[/time]
    then again in a way im kinda contradicting myself, and so is pita.. fish are tortured and eating alive every day by regular wildlife staples like bears and so on... if you really wanna be technical about it .. but yeah just thought id throw that thought in there

Pita should sue bears for catching fish in their sharp jaws and smacking them around before eating them rofl xD

9. MindFever

oh ,well yeah ... lol :) if the fish would feel everything around it when it boiled in hot oil ...shit,it would be pure cruel-ness (or something) :)

well wildlife kills are most of the times instantaneous... not allways,but mostly.also, only animals hunt because of the need for food.We humans on the other hand,hunt for sport (which is sick...)

10. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

When you order sea urchins at a sushi bar, don't they serve it to you raw and alive? Now that's cruel. Also oysters. Aren't they still alive?

11. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

Raw Oysters : Alive before opened - when you open their shell they die so basically yes oysters are still alive for the most part

Urchins at Sushi Bars: Usually they are killed first before you eat them, I would assume the majority of Sushi Bars in America serve it to you dead/raw .. never tried it but I am kinda intrigued now xD

12. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

oysters are like a sack of muscles, aren't they? it seems weird to eat one...

13. MindFever

oh fuck,this is true ... but oysters are boyled not raw (and served cold afterwards).Never ate raw oysters ... edit: even if boyled,they had to be alive just before they touched the boiling water,so my theory fails.IT IS CRUEL nontheless

WHAT ABOUT CRABS ? HOLY CRAP,they are putt in boiling water ALIVE! thats why i never eat them... i only eat SCAMPI ,since they are dead when you cook them. I have it on the tip of my tongue,those other big "crab-like" fish that are the giant version of scampi... oh man,how do you call them? meh,im off to bed...too tired to think in English

EDIT: LOBSTERS!! :)
    Post Merge: [time]1258949827[/time]
    indeed... but they are good in sea-fruits risotto ... my mother makes divine risotto and other stuff.her cooking is notorious :)

14. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

First of all WTF was that !!!!! lol, chinese people are crazy when it comes to food,they eat everything ,i mean who would kill a dog to eat ?

15. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

^
    Hey watch it,that's racist!
    And if you're desperate you'd eat anything,including your own body parts.
    And nothing wrong about eating dogs,its still animal meat.

16. nemesis11

RACIST!!!!! LOL its the truth they eat dogs, dogs arent to eat! they are pets god dammit!!!!

17. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

18. nemesis11

saying that chinese people are crazy cause they eat dog meat isnt racism,its just my opinion,and im not the only one that thinks this way !!!!!
    Post Merge: [time]1258960015[/time]
    and if they eat youre meat its steal animal meat too,were do you want to get with this?im just saying its so stupid to eat dogs cause they are pets,they are not like cows or chickens

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

its food, there is no such thing as "non-eatable animal". Every animal is eatable, including human (when the time is right).

20. nectarine

nectarine Active Member

I'm guessing you've never had clams on a half shell at a raw bar before. Don't know if that counts as cruelty because you're basically eating a living thing but, there you go. And that's a totally normal meal.

Oh, and let's not forget boiling lobsters. That's not a quick death at all.

FYI, I don't care. If it's tasty, whatevz.