1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pc games....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultra, Nov 16, 2006.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

anyone ever played neverwinter nights??
    what are your thoughts on it and is it worth the purchase?

i recently purchased dungeon siege 1 legends of aranna (dungeon siege 1 + expansion sets, cost me 10+tax at target) and i liked it alot. it's a little better then diablo.

and i also purchased knights of the old republic 1, my god this game has a huge world, at least that what i see so far after an hour of play.

these are pretty old games, but i don't often buy pc games cause most of them are either strategy based or online based.

2. fogWraith

fogWraith Active Member

I bought the games years ago, and I even got the expansions. So if you're into those kind of games it's well worth the money, especially since online gaming plain and simple, rocks.

I don't know what to think about NWN2 though, it's not the NWN I'm used to, so no - don't like it as much, too many changes.

3. kirbyss

kirbyss New Member

I got bored with NWN pretty fast.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I suppose it depends on what kind of gamer you are, I never really got into NWM but I enjoyed Dungeon Siege 1 very much.

Personally I'm more into MMORPG's, Ultima Online and Ragnarok Online in particular. There is of course that one special FPS which I'll tell more about around christmas. :)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we know :p

6. RemzRoller

RemzRoller Member

NWN starts off a bit slow and chatty just like any other rpg, I stopped playing the first time before I even got outta the building but decided to pick it up again and can say that it's a rewarding experience, aswell as the expansions. Like Seph said, depends on your gamer type ^^

7. One

One Well-Known Member

wich one :p

8. Seph

I'll tell more about it when it's ready, right now you'll be dissapointed if I told you.

9. One

One Well-Known Member

so your makeing it? cool ^^

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

NO!! :p he wishes he was that good tho :p

11. Seph

hehe no, there'll just be a new release by christmas.

12. One

One Well-Known Member

now im confused , i guess il have to wait untill christmas then :p

13. 33333

33333 Guest

dungeon siege..aha nice
    i got knight of teh old republic.. :)
    and diablo II + expansion... still play it occasionally

NWN - i like..haven't played NWN2 yet tho

14. wonderkamote

wonderkamote New Member

i have one but never got to play it...is it good?

15. SonGoku1905

SonGoku1905 Well-Known Member

Neverwinter Nights is a great rpg , though not as glorious as Baldur's Gate series

Dungeon Siege 1 is a poor Diablo Clone in which your party automatically battles monsters and all you do is watching the health bars and giving them potions when it is needed. No random map generator, no ai , no notable side quests...
    I didnt like it at all

16. Spyder

Spyder Guest

Speaking of pc games, anyone here played Freelancer?

Without a shadow of doubt the best space/flight sim/action game i've ever played.
    The whole game is just soooo bloody big. It took me around 8 hours just to finish the first section (level).

17. Irdion

Irdion Active Member

If you can stand D&D NWN is for you, otherwise move on.

It can be complex but personally I really liked it.

SB