1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Out of all of the things we all bootleg, what is somethings we shouldn't pirate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garychencool, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

http://about.deviantart.com/policy/copyright/

Here at deviantART we respect the rights of all artists and creative people worldwide and we expect our members to demonstrate an equal amount of respect and assist us in creating a beneficial and positive atmosphere for all deviantART visitors and members.

The bottom line is: Just about anything that is on this site, on the web, on TV, on CD's, on DVD's, in books & in magazines is probably copyrighted by someone.
    What is Copyright Infringement?

To simplify this question, copyright infringement occurs when you do certain things with a creative work which someone else produced without first getting the proper permission.

Some examples of copyright infringement (this is only a partial listing) can include:

-Placing a photograph or creative work online without proper permission.
    -Using a creative work commercially.
    -Adapting a creative work of one medium to another, such as making a book into a movie or a photograph into a painting.
    -Modifying or editing a creative work without proper permission.

Deviantart works aren't for taking indiscriminately. There are some artists, like Alexiuss, who actively sends lawsuits to people who steal his work and is found doing so. (His fans reports every now and then, and those he can trace back to, such as contest winners, get some love-mail. ) The irony of this rule being of course, that 1/10 Deviantartists make wallpapers out of their favourite animes, which already breaks the rule.

2. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

This thread is why we shouldn't pirate EZ Flash 3in1s.

3. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

The Monkey Island games. Pirate those and I hope your PC blows up.

4. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

Wow, that's like everything we pirate XD

5. ShinChanfan

ShinChanfan Well-Known Member

You shouldn't pirate anything.

6. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

And yet several people choose to

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't pirate love :)

8. The scorpion

The scorpion Active Member

I don't pirate music much, and if I do, i'll buy the album soon after (assuming it's any good ofcourse, if not i'll just delete it).

9. I won't pirate indie games, or any game I can easily buy for a reasonable price. Seriously, if Steam somehow managed to offer a working PC port of every game ever made, no matter how obscure, I'd probably never pirate again. Old and/or hard-to-find games are fair game IMO, and I consider it my moral obligation to pirate massively overpriced software, Adobe and Autodesk products in particular.

10. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

The question is; would you pay £600 for audio editing software if your only going to use it as a hobby?

OT: You shouldn't pirate pirate hats and parrots, because that would make them angry!

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

try to download some hardware

12. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

thats actually nearer reality than you might think.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wut?

I pirate love, problem?

Same but make that the ps3 platform and have them cheap :)

15. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, too. There are at least a few things we should pirate. Like things we'll try out in case we don't liek.

16. doughboy

doughboy Guest

yeah but not all people are the same...pirating can become a dangerous drug XD

17. corners

corners Active Member

Books? I prefer a real book to reading a book on my computer.

18. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I pirate books when i'm in college.

19. Don9aldo

Don9aldo Well-Known Member

You shouldn't pirate yo mama!

20. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah. It spreads like cancer.

/offensive comments