1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Orlando Hotspots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Oct 17, 2009.

1. r4man89

r4man89 Active Member

Orlando= Near Disney but Orlando sucks Places around Orlando are fun.
    Ybor, St Pete, St Augustine Daytona if you are so inclined (but really only during bike week).
    If you are a kid then go for orlando, disney, universal is 2 expensive and the hulk sucks ass

2. Shiaoran

Shiaoran New Member

Do go to the Universal parks.
    The best place to eat there, IIRC, is Mythos, inside one of the parks.
    If you don't like Disney, avoid all but Epcot, most of it has nothing to do with Disney stuff and is really cool. I went to the Mission Space when it was in test phase, it was operating at 100%, which was exactly like being in a space shuttle during launch 8) Too bad that AFAIK it now operates at only 2.5G because the G-Force was too much for most people :/ Those .5G must make a huge difference...
    Even if you do like Disney, avoid Animal Kingdom, it's crap :p

There's a Medieval Times in Kissimmee, it's pretty close to Orlando and worth the trip.

BTW, forget taxis for close distances, the trolleys are pretty decent.

3. Skelletonike

Skelletonike Member

How come most people dun have avatars? ???

Anyway...
    I've never been there since I'm european, but a good thing to do when you're on vacations in a place and don't know what to do, is to be the way you've always wanted to be... A kid, a maniac, etc... When traveling you can be who you want to be, sine no one knows you, no one will judge you... xP

4. lmt2000

lmt2000 New Member

Play the McDonalds lottery game

u buy stuff from maccies and see if u cn make a complaint, like fake nails or eggshell in ur food

5. sherryihs

sherryihs New Member

MO, go to Universal Studio's. Ride the Hulk. Best ride ever.

6. manolisgoku

manolisgoku Well-Known Member

hello ! there are children reading this post

7. loopydsfan

loopydsfan Well-Known Member

Im from England and we normally go to Turkey but this year we went to Orlando. Best place for me was Discovery Cove (swim with dolphins and wrays and lots of fish!) and Kennedy Space Centre (the shuttle landed the day we went. Bonus). We also loved Universal Islands of Adventure for the excellent rides. My fav ride overall was the Manta at Seaworld.

8. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

We also go to Antalya (turkey) but I remember going to orlando.
    Kennedy Space Center was my fav.

9. stupidnoobie1992

stupidnoobie1992 New Member

10. WayCurious

WayCurious New Member

Do Universal - more fun and cheaper ... buy multi-day online for price of a disney day.

11. joz2009

joz2009 Member

Cool, i heard Orlando is really fun :)

but too bad that it's raining :( but i live in London so ill never know :p

12. Angelius

Angelius New Member

Okay, two places you HAVE to eat while there. There's an italian restaurant at Epcot, and it's incredible. Make a reservation as when I was there I had to wait 7 hours for a table, but it was worth it. Next up, there is a Chicago's famous Giordano's pizza in Orlando. It's so good, get the stuffed pizza, seriously, do it. I've actually ordered it online to be shipped to Canada twice, and it was worth it. Other than that, Universal > Disney, there's some nice places in there to relax and have a drink as well.

13. mutantllama

mutantllama New Member

Hi,
    I just returned from orlando a few hours ago, after spending 2 weeks there, we stayed at a villa belonging to friends of my parents. Temperature rarely dropped below 90 in the day for the whole time there, everyone said it was very unusual.
    Highly recommend Epcot for the world showcase and the new 'Soaring' ride, totally rad (better get a fast pass, very popular). Also Universal, for the Hulk ride. I was last there 6 years ago, and this ride officially opened on the last day of our hols, great to do it again after all this time, and it still rocks :)
    Finally, Disneys Hollywood studio, for The Tower Of Terror and the Aerosmith Rockin Rollercoaster. Seriously, you will kick yourself if you miss all of the above.

Final remark, it only just started raining as we were leaving, but it should not stop the fun.

My wife and the kids are sleeping off the jet lag, think I'll go and join them.

Enjoy your stay friend.....ZZZzzzzz

14. llamaman97

llamaman97 New Member

tomorrow in universal studios TNA Bound for Glory is on

15. wolf252

wolf252 New Member

hey should put the website backgroud something like a picture of his account or just put something so we can rember u

16. slayervtx

slayervtx New Member

There is a resturant called "Jungle Jim's" They have all sorts of different burgers and they also have the Headhunters burger that is insanely HUGE. The food is awesome