1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Orlando Hotspots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seph, Oct 17, 2009.

1. always_boy_ajung

always_boy_ajung New Member

2. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

u there by yourself?

3. xchrisbtchhh

xchrisbtchhh New Member

Well, Florida actually has some pretty odd weather.
    One day it's sunny and blazing outside, the next it can be rainy and dark the whole day, and the day after that a cool breeze. No joke.

But other than the weather, it's always good to visit the theme parks around the Orlando area.
    Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are the 2 biggest ones.
    And of course all the Disney parks as well. (Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, etc.)
    Also, if you're up for water parks, there's Wet n' Wild, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and more.

Take this advice from a teen who's been in FL for (sadly) 15 years [:
    Have a good time in Orlando, Seph!

4. Fortwaba

Fortwaba New Member

http://www.mangostropicalcafe.com/

If you can, head over to Miami Beach. I assure you, you will have a great time.

5. IWantRoms3

IWantRoms3 New Member

IMO, go to Universal Studio's. Ride the Hulk. Best ride ever.

6. RevenantX3

RevenantX3 New Member

Humm. I live in DeLand, which is humble compared to Orlando. But theme parks are memorable if you can remember those kind of things. I think if you're there in Florida, hot, and sunniness is best spent cooling down. There are various nature parks around, and while it sounds dumb, some of them contain natural springs, which are pretty fun if you have time for a short (roughly 30 minute) drive.

There's also several themed dinners in the middle area of Florida. And while they're alright, I would recommend trying some of the local delicacies. There ARE gator farms down here where gators are bred to be fried and eaten. Gator's Dockside is one of them that's got in their names. There are also some awesome water parks that aren't huge, and expensive like Wet and Wild. I'd look around, because there's a lot of kind of low-key stuff in Florida. Depends on your tastes. Like The Mall at Millenia, or just eateries you can't find in many other places, or gardens, like the Harry P. Leu Gardens. There's also just random stuff in Florida you find only certain places, like St. Augustine, the oldest European-settled city in the Continental United States. Or the Salvidor Dali Museum in Tampa.

Anyhow, The World's Largest McDonalds (whoop-dee doo) is in Orlando as well, and since the people of Florida are so simple, they name every place with a beach, "_______ Beach", so I'd recommend visiting Daytona or better yet, even east, to Cape Canaveral, to see where they do the shuttle launches and Cocoa Beach. Harsh waves and you can get some harmful radiation on you. Don't forget the sunscreen, no matter WHERE you go. Umbrellas or Ponchos, and sunscreen is a trademark thing to have in a Floridian's car, so never underestimate mother nature when you're in a odd part of the US like Florida.

Have fun!

7. captobvious

captobvious New Member

You could drive 2 hours north to Gainesville and watch the UF Gators beat the snot out of the Arkansas Razorbacks; what I'm doing tomorrow (saturday 3pm)

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No.

Today was a bit quiet, ended up going to the cinema at Regal Pointe for a relaxing Movie (Surrogates, which was actually really disappointing) and a beer at one of the many bars there. Just got back now so it was fun but I'm really beat from the long plane ride (damn plane was delayed) and the pseudo-night-out.

Was really expensive, though, since my hotel is down town the cab ride there was like $45.

9. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

again, buy me something pink ;D

10. senormom

senormom New Member

when i lived there in 84 Orange Blossom Trail was where the hookers were... seriously, notable night spots are rosy o'grady's and surrounding establishments. Also International Drive is cool. o yeah theme parks are ok too, if you don't like hookers. you could always take one to disney or epcot.

o yeah you could also go to Benny Hinn's church if you need a healing..especially after the hookers.

11. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

Hey seph,Orlando is a cool place.You will like it.=p

Lol my parents were thinking of moving there next year..I KNOW! ILL STALK YOU! XDD

Just kidding! XD

Just tryin to make some laughs.XD

12. spencer1541

spencer1541 New Member

Have a good time

13. dj_catmix

dj_catmix New Member

I've only been to Florida once half a day in Miami and a big sticky 2 weeks in Orlando. the memory that sticks to the back of my head is of how my futile sweating only lead towards more discomfort, after all the air around there is so humid and hot i could hardly breathe let alone cool off. then there's the biggest scam I've gotten suckered into during my stay, those little fans that blow water cost up to 10 bucks and half the time they broke after 3 days so I went through about 3 different ones with prices ranging from 8-15 dollars.

14. ghazghkull

ghazghkull New Member

check out the central fl zoo . . it's pretty cool, small but in a jungle setting and they have some obstacle courses in the trees

15. levij10

levij10 New Member

(h) cool

16. jangmack

jangmack New Member

17. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Now that you're going to Disneyworld, shouldn't a superbowl win be the next step? :p

18. bigdavid0514

bigdavid0514 New Member

Hey you want a place to go to in Orlando that isnt a theme park? Just head over to citywalk. They always have stuff set up around there and different place you can check out. Also this next one isnt at a certain place, its just an area. Just head over to Church St. I used to go there alot and there are alot of different clubs. Just pick one, I doubt you can go wrong. Also Backbooth is pretty good, kinda small but alot of different people go there.

19. thedizaster

thedizaster New Member

I don't know if you have gotten this one yet but here is a list of things you can do: http://www.orlandoinfo.com/articles/things-to-do-in-orlando.cfm

20. NamoNakamura

NamoNakamura New Member

I hear Orlando has some great concession foods. Go for the funnel cake, my man! The funnel cake!!