1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Original R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by busta305, May 24, 2010.

1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, then it's a damn good clone, No? :p

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I still don't think it is a clone. Either way though, it functions exactly like an original, so I'm perfectly satisfied ($4 flashcard ftw!).

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hey. As long as it works, you can play games, and it's cheap...then it's a good deal in my book. :)

I still recommend the AK2i to the original poster, but it's up to them in the end.

4. LuckyTrouble77

I would too, but if they don't have the money to spend, this is a good deal.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That too.
    These days, money's tight and most people I know can't afford to eat out once a month. :p

I wanted to buy the SuperCard DSTwo, but once I saw the price, it was over for that...

6. LuckyTrouble77

I wanted to upgrade to a DSTwo, but yeah. I'll wait for a price drop, regardless of how long it takes.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The only thing that attracted me was the GBA emulator, but I can do that on my PSP. :)
    So, that's one reason why I'm not getting it.

8. LuckyTrouble77

Although attractive, it would be cheaper for me to break down and just get a 3in1. The so far undelivered promise of being able to bypass any AP easily (coughJamWithTheBandcough) has already turned me off just that much more.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    I never have read anything that's super amazing about the SCDSTwo...
    I just want a simple flashcart with amazing compatibility.

10. busta305

busta305 Member

Well it looks that is going to be hard getting a real original R4 so i think I'm just going to get an acekard. I hear people always talking about the acecard 2i but does it work with original DS? Also, here they got 2 types of acekard http://shoptemp.com/categories/DS-Flashcarts/Acekard/

Is acekard 2.1 same as acekard 2i for an original ds or does the 2i have better compatibility since it says acekard 2i works for original ds, is it worth paying more for the 2i? (I don't plan on getting a dsi or using a micro sd over 2gb)

One last question, I read the sticky on this section about nds flashcarts and it says the best one is acekard r.p.g. , is this 1 better than acekard 2i and also where can i get one of these and how much they cost?

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The Acekard 2i will work with the DS Light/Phat/DSi/DSi XL.
    You can buy it here - http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Card-for-Nintendo-DS-DS-Lite-DSi-p-30.html
    The AK 2.1 is just for the DS Phat/Lite, while the AK2i is for all of the DS models.
    The AKRPG is a lot more than the 2i and I really don't know what the difference is...it's just a bit different. Not much. Just go with the AK2i if you want.
    Firmware setup - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38335.msg695431#msg695431

12. LuckyTrouble77

Well, the AKRPG can run Wood RPG on it (since YWG originally designed the RPG firmware), so at the moment it is basically on par with Acekard2i + AKAIO in terms of compatibility. Honestly though, I would go with the Acekard 2i.

13. busta305

busta305 Member

I'm asking if the AK 2.1 will work the same, I have a DS phat and not planning on getting a DSi, does the AK2i have extra features that the AK2.1 don't got?

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

They're the same, but the AK2i works on all of the DS'.

15. busta305

busta305 Member

Ok thank you, so I wouldn't lose any benefits buying the AK 2.1 except that the AK2i works on all DS? Just want to make sure :O

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep.

17. busta305

busta305 Member

K, tyvm

18. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Hey people, the guy's asking for an original R4. You can post a link to it and a recommendation if you want.

http://shoptemp.com/products/R4-DS-Revolution-Card-for-Nintendo-DS-DS-Lite-p-29.html

19. game4nds

game4nds Active Member

20. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Uh, well, where do you live? I didn't know if you mentioned already, I read quickly.

If you can read Dutch: www.sidder.nl
    I got an Original R4 card and my friend also, so I guess they got Original R4's

Btw, Ace101, you kinda annoying with your: Oh, I don't believe they're selling Original R4's anymore because the production stopped, so you can say that you got an Original R4 but I don't believe that and I'm always right so you got a fake one -.-
    You can say it one time, but don't post a whole topic with your: I still don't believe you got an Original R4.
    So, didn't meant to offend you or anything, that was just what was on my mind.