1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Order of the FF's and Ace Attorney on DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bikeboy99, Feb 18, 2011.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The original Tactics came out on the PS1 ages ago, before the GBA even existed. It's considered a classic.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Noted.

I meant Ramuh. Two other re-occurring summons are Titan & Odin & there's even a Chocobo summons as well.

You're just sore because I don't want to shove your AIDS infested genitalia down my throat 8)

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

You guys forgot to explain the other spinoff FF games for the DS.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
    Chocobo's Dungeon DS +
    Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light

Remember, NONE OF THESE ARE RELATED TO THE MAIN FINAL FANTASY SERIES IN ANY WAY. Fables and Crystal Chronicles are their own series, except with the Final Fantasy name tacked on.

Now, from what I know... CC: Ring of Fates is the prequel to the Gamecube Crystal Chronicles game, and CC: Echoes of Time is the sequel to either the Gamecube Crystal Chronicles or that Wiiware title, My Life as a King (You can't be sure, as both of them appear to take place after the game on the Gamecube and there's no real way of knowing which is first). All the games have similar battle systems and the DS titles are actually quite generic (Do something, go back home, do something, get a party, do something, go back home, suddenly on a save teh wurld plot, blahblahblah).

The Fables series doesn't really have a timeline, so it's not clear when each game takes place. You can play them in any order without getting confused. Chocobo Tales is one of those games where you walk around, play a minigame, hear some story, rinse and repeat. Chocobo's Dungeon DS + is a port of a Wii game that WAS released in the US. It's one of them Mystery Dungeon games, except with Chocobos.

Yes, 4HoL is a spinoff. But it's a good spinoff. The battle system is some turn-based bullshit where it's all 'IMMA RANDOMPLY PICK A ENEMY YOU ATTACK' or something, but it's fun. The difficulty isn't something to laugh at though....

================================================================================

There was also that sequel to FFXII for the PS2, called FFXII: Revenant Wings. It's got some spoilers for FFXII, but it's playable and you can fully understand the game without having played the first. It's not a traditional FF game, though, so don't start playing it under the assumption you'll get the same experience.