1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Old?] PSP Hacking Guide

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by mikeac, Dec 6, 2009.

1. gee1138

gee1138 New Member

Re: PSP Hacking Guide for all PSPs

mikeac i paid for a hacked psp. i dont know how to use it i.e. download games or anything like that. it has system software 5.50 gen-d3 on it. i am not tech smart at all but i would like to learn. can you help me. where and how do i download games. what is a rom vs emulator? where can i find this info at? and is this software 5.50 gen-d3 current and good? any help would be much appreciated. you can email me at [email protected].

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You should really of done it yourself...

Ok, roms are in romU's affiliates, or...

www.pspisoz.com

Put the "iso" games or "cso" games into the iso folder on the psp, rom's are the games themselves, emulators run older games on newer systems (n64 games can run on a psp with the right emulator) and your firmware is the same as mine, a little outdated but it's fine.

3. gee1138

gee1138 New Member

Hypnos thank you for the help. Im still having trouble with it. I cant see my games when i connect my psp up to my commputer. i have an 8gb memory card and it has games on it but when i hook it up to the psp and go in the games folder it says it is empty. when i connect it the only folders that are visible on memory card are data, dic, font , kd, game, and vsh. So i know how to download games i have downloaded win rar. im going to you tube some tuturoials about learning how to put files that are broken into smaller pieces back together. i am lost as of what i do right now. also with this hack if i buy new games will i still be able to play them or will it ask me to update?

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

If you cant see a folder called ISO when you hook up your psp to pc,then youve got to create it-and when its there,put the ISO's in there.

And start a new thread in the non-emulation help section and post any problems you need sorted out there.

5. gee1138

gee1138 New Member

:D thank you for all your help

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Updated for a bit more info on newer firmwares and CFWs. I'm not going to provide full instructions anymore except for GEN firmware until a decent full CFW comes out.