1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Oh Sh!t!

Discussion in 'General News' started by Almo, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

no thats why its such a worry.

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh........ Ohhhhh....... wait WHAT? Thats not good...... well its been nice knowing you all!

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

In the wise words of Ron Paul, "We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed and over-regulated and over-run by beautocrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with. As a matter of fact, if you look at every single problem we're facing today, it's because of the lack of respect for the law in the constitution."

It's not like this is the first time our administration has irrationally violated our rights by creating exceptions to the constitution. Once upon a time, being an American was a good thing. It's a shame what's happened.

4. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

piracy isnt that bad :))

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well thats why alot of movies and stuff are ziped with rar and password protected, sometimes change the file type with sharing......i dont think they will spend time to crack each ziped rar file and use hex editor to check what kind of file it is......

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

LOL

That's a good one, name a virus infected file as a recently airing movie, zip it, put a password & let the jerks "recieve a special gift", that'll teach 'em ;D

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

problem with that is they are checking it on your laptop, not thier PCs, its likely that they will have custon software on a pen drive or Cd that they will simply insert and run a scan which will also crack any passwords present. Its not going to take them long at all.

Also CloudBoy12 piracy is bad, RomUlation is only offering you free roms so that you can try games with a decent demo before you purchase them. We dont promote downloading our roms to be cheap because they are free. Without support from the consumers companies will fall in and you will no longer have ANY new games whatsoever. However we believe that if they are going to charge $100 for a game that developers should at least give us a decent trial run before purchase, this is why we offer you the roms.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yeah, I wasted a lot of money buying games that were rated poorly, saying it was fun, but when I played it myself, it didn't met my tastes & standards. Atleast with RomUlation, you can thoroughly scrutinise a game before you could actually buy them.

Also in regard to emulation, some games you really can't "buy or play" as you would using an emulator & a ROM. Take for example the Fan translated Japanese games, where on Earth will you ever find an "original" English Cartridge of "Treasures of the Rudras" or "Live A-Live!", nowhere ofcourse, as Nintendo didn't allow these games to be ported :p

And how about the uber retro games for Atari 2600 or the MAME Arcades, where can you buy those?

9. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

It's actually CloudBoii12

10. calvin_0

they need a warrant for doing that kind of stuff.....doesnt they?

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yeah about that,

If they're going to stick their filthy pen drive up my baby's USB, they'll have my fists up their Arses! ;D

That's just plain wrong, say you actually have copies of original movie discs & you just copied them on your PC/Laptop so you can minimize the wear on your optical drive, is that wrong?

12. calvin_0

not to mention, what are we going to do with those empty space in our hard disk if we didnt keep pirated movies, song and game files.....

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

And Ultimately, what's the use of having a very powerful PC/Laptop if all you have in it are Word documents, Powerpoint presentations, Excel Spread sheets, photos of your "number 2", Some Photoshop masterpieces & such work related crap.

As the saying goes:

"All work & no play, makes joe a depressed dude"

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

thats the point, with this law they wont need a warrant. Also im not sure how theyll get around the 'I own the origional' excuse, its likely they wont care and do you for it anyway.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's invasion of privacy!

Again as I said if they're going to do that to my PC then they're into a hell of a fight!

Also, I said that because we Filipinos are absolutely against dictatorship, Nazism & abuse of power, twice have we fought on the long stretch of the Epiphanio Delos Santos Avenue (EDSA) to oppose, dethrone & kick out the oppressors ;D

16. chaoslordsokar

chaoslordsokar Well-Known Member

It's easy to work around the 'I own the original' excuse, Theyll prosecute you, and then make you prove it in court. This all hinges on US law concept of 'reasonable suspicion'. Thats why they want the ISP's to log our movements, so they can check those results and then determine by the sites you visit and the filesizes you download, and proclaim that to be reasonable suspicion that you are downloading pirated or copyrighted material. The f***ed up part about this law is if you can prove that you do actually own the material, the prosecuting body is exempt from a countersuit.

I've been checking around for a complete copy of the WIPO treaty, but have'nt found one yet.If someone knows where to find one please post a link to it so that we all can rant, rave and hurl obscenities about it.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

unfortunately for them a lot of laptops these days have hardware disk encryption that will be difficult for them to get around. Also decent passwords will keep them out as its not feasibly possible to crack them.

18. chaoslordsokar

chaoslordsokar Well-Known Member

But then again they could always turn that around and prosecute for 'Obstruction of justice', this entails that you are knowingly refusing to comply with a court request to defend yourself or to aid in a crimminal investigation. Also I read an article on vnunet.com (world news network) that US investigators can request encryption/cipher keys, and or passwords that you may have used to protect your information.When I find that article again,I'll post a link to it.

19. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

its all bull.....
    isp's can and do already know what is going back and forth. some people get told that the content they download is illegal and to stop. but at the end of the day its to much time, paper work and money.
    billions of people download things every day they won't be able to send every person to court.
    and as for checking laptops and ipods thats stupid, an mp3 looks like an mp3 if you've ripped it or payed for it from somthing like itunes.

has no one even thought that if they realy want to keep it a secret till its to late we'd know about it...........
    no.. exactly!
    this will just be you're every day bull you read on the net or it could even be a perposely made leek of information to scare monger people into slowing up on the content they download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.