1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Official "This website seized by feds" Graphic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UltraSword, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

btw.....i hope this doesn't happen....but one day when i come on romU, will i see that image? what are the chances of that happening?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Somewhat high since RomUlation has been on the radar for awhile. It would be the last step towards getting the ROM's completely and 100% removed.

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if the forum got removed, i would probably cry, because i would miss the great community!

4. LuckyTrouble77

Well, the forum is run through a third party source, so it may be more difficult to affect this place. The main site though definitely has high chances of getting the image of death,

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

yes, but the DOMAIN is the same....romulation.net.........

6. LuckyTrouble77

forum.romulation.net

Any site that sets up a forum through the simple machine set-up probably has a word set up in the middle for their site.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

but forum isn't the domain...

for example, my site

downloadmasters.webs.com
    address.domain.extension

so...the FBI is seizing entire domains....

8. LuckyTrouble77

In that case, this specific link, yeah, it could be screwed over. If they decide to this far that is. They may just seize www.romulation.net and hopefully be ignorant of the links ever present in the forum.

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, put it this way....if WEBS was seized by the FBI, my site would no longer exist because the domain doesn't.....so out 2 and 2 together....

10. LuckyTrouble77

Yes, but in that example, the entirety of Webs would never be seized. No part of it will ever be seized, as if a part of it that is illegal becomes big enough, Webs would shut it down as quickly as possible.

I understand, that wasn't what you were getting at, and I understand what you were getting at. I just wanted to point that out. :p

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

maybe seph or loony can tell us whether if romulation.net is shut down, if the forum will be to...

12. Alterazohg

Alterazohg Active Member

so i guess this means i'll have to move out of the country to another one (like the UK or Japan) just to pirate stuff assuming they wont implement this law (which i kind of doubt from what i heard its perfectly legal in the UK and belgium or other places). i think its stupid becz u cant stop all the piracy in the world anyways, VPN's would be more popular, to have government watching over u constantly 24/7 makes me feel that this country will become more of a dictatorship. its stupid and i think ppl will still pirate stuff no matter wat, it just takes skills (which i dont have) to stay under the radar if that individual chooses to be the host of a wonderful site for everyone. and its true, developers need to make more demos if not make demos for upcoming games before you buy them, i dont want to just buy a game becz it looks good then i start playing it and then think y did i get this and now i want my money back.

sry for the wot, this is just my opinion on this issue, i hope this is just a hoax and that this will never happen, otherwise i'll jump in the same boat as everyone and begin stockpiling.

13. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

It's not possible to seize a subdomain. Whoever owns the second level domain controls all of its subdomains.

To be honest, the US government watching your activities is nothing new. I don't see why it's suddenly a big deal now.

14. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Becase they've always watched us, now they're going to criminalise us and our "accomplices" such as parents that let us use the PC, bros and sisses we copy games for, etc.

Dang, PS2 roms can take a while to grab.

15. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Re: Official \"This website seized by feds\" Graphic

The main site would probably get shut down. But RomUlation still could run as a regular forum. Gaming and whatnot.

But not many people will support the site...
    Post Merge: [time]1278600764[/time]
    So right now,

The new law hasn't been established yet? So I'm still safe from my ISP?

16. personuser

6 months to doomsday.

17. Stanley Richards

Re: Official \"This website seized by feds\" Graphic

Oh gosh...

I can't even try my games anymore.

Their putting me in between a rock and a hard place.

Post Merge: [time]1278601256[/time]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mQnRfDuwg

18. personuser

stockpile now! before it's too late!

oh, btw, acta's passing will also mean the death of google, because it provides links to copyrighted content.

19. Stanley Richards

Goodness.

DEATH TO INTERNET.

WE WILL HAVE TO GET OUT AND PLAY

NOOOOO!!!

WE WILL HAVE TO ENJOY NATURE.

Sorry for caps.

20. personuser

noes!