1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Official "This website seized by feds" Graphic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UltraSword, Jul 5, 2010.

1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Six months...I can do a lot of shit by then.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I can get Dragon Quest IX at least along with any other releases that I may want basically, so go me!

3. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

I'm stockpiling PS2 games, really the only thing I don't have (I've got all the good DS games, GOODSETS for everything up to N64, and a lot more)

Also, if you ARE caught, (and I'm not kidding) you and any ACCOMPLICES (that could be parents, friends that pirated too) will go to fucking jail and get fined.

How long before they start using the Ludovico technique?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I guess when the Law finally tries to catch up with the Technology, it tries to leap not only the Gorge, but the Building on the other side too.

Honestly, if anything really bad passes I'll just stop downloading stuff. While the whole "try before you buy" thing is nice, I'd much rather see an increased offering of Demos through Nintendo Shop, PSN and Xbox Live. I'd much rather try games through legitimate sources than download them illegally.

But, if software developers and game console companies fight so hard against piracy, they really need to step up and make these legitimate alternatives more readily available. Look at the leaps the music industry has made with their services. Compare music piracy these days to that of the late 90s. Sure, Music is still pirated, but many users enjoy using the subscription or per song services that are legal.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

so that basically means....that nobody will vote on it, and it's gonna happen no matter what? so...that means were all fucked i guess.......how the hell does it being an executive order, mean that no one has to vote on it for it to pass?!?! and anyways, shouldn't that also be against one of the amendments......

6. personuser

It was, but Sony Music Entertainment bought Intellectual Property Rights to the constitution and its amendments a few years ago.

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

so what? basically Sony can say whether or not we have the rite to privacy now?! to me, this is just extremely fucked up....even near where i live, they have started putting cameras in the street to catch speeders...i'm thinking "WTF IS WRONG WITH OUR GOVERNMENT?!"...i just feel, this is very fucked up, and i don't think it should be happening....this does have to be voted on by the American people right? or is it just gonna be put in place like were in a GODDAMN DICTATORSHIP?

8. personuser

The latter.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The American people don't vote on Laws. That's not how the Government works. The closest you'll get to voting on issues is in local/state elections when you vote on various Propositions. The rest of the time you are voting on putting people into a position to represent you, and hopefully vote in a way that you agree with.

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if it gets put into place, i'll shoot myself....

11. personuser

Yeah, that worked fine for a while.

Nowadays there's three ways you can get a government official to do what you want; A sack of cash, A Big Fucking Gun, or both.

12. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if i had the choice of one of those, it would be the gun......

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I am pretty much satisfied with what games,music,movies,etc I have stockpiled, my big thing for the past few months has been comic books that's when I am going to crumble and weep when I have to give that up especially when I have yet to complete some sets but with a 6 month time frame and including actual time for it to go into effect and catch up to my sites I should be close to having all I want, but will suck not getting current issues.

14. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

is there any way this won't happen?!?! *finds gun....*

15. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

It's not, although I can't think of an example off the top of my head as I'm not familiar with American law.

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

disney had the copyright period extended to 70 years from the death of the creator to prevent some of their stuff entering public domain when the copyright expired.

The DMCA was also written by the RIAA/MPAA.

17. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Wow,that's a very persistent protection ;D

18. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

ya, but it still all enters public domain. :eek:

♥

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it bought them another 50-60 years.

20. personuser

for one second, till disney buys more law.