1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Official Monster Rancher (U) Help Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by unqiueninja, Aug 6, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

I always liked pixie but I like the cute mons best. So far my pixie is doing really well - they're quite balanced actually and despite the description, she's quite obedient :)

it's part of the strategy, if a monster gets too close you can use the x button to slam it backwards. Also, keep an eye on your opponents moves...if they have a slot (near, middle or far) that has no attack, try and stay in that "blind spot" if you will, and attack from there. just watch out because while they're not attacking their guts are adding up. It's not at all like Infinite Space, which really just has a lame rock, paper, scissors thing - this is about moves having to be a certain distance, which you can fully control. Try and avoid not commanding your mon as the AI is pretty stupid. Control your monster yourself.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ah so thats what X does, thank you. So far the battles have been pretty easy, although now my Monster is too old so i had to freeze it and get a new one >.<; Gonna combine them eventually.

3. buchichu

the only part of this game that's killing me is the damn accuracy. I lose in comps I shouldn't be just because my opponent dodges all my attacks while I waste my guts and meanwhile he gets in every friggin' attack!!

4. sylar1000

Did you raise your Skill stat? I think it makes you hit more.

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Ohohoho... finally ranked up to D

6. buchichu

yes, I tend to balance my stats BUT I got this advice from another board:

"Arrange your techniques so you have shield icons in all 3 slots between your two pallets. Shield icons may not have a technique, but they decrease your opponents accuracy and raise yoru defense. If you opponent uses an attack and you have an attack in the same range you will tajke more damage and have a higher chance at being hit"

had NO idea about this and it seems like a good strategy. Gonna try it ;)

7. sylar1000

Ah, just saw your topic on gamefaqs lol. That seems like a pretty good strategy. My second monster just won his first match in his first E cup after like 5 months of being alive. Not sure what Katz was doing, but i killed him like 3 times and each time he kept getting 1 hp back.

8. Octos

Octos Member

So does anyone know how to use the GBA Insertion yet, aka the 'secret' method of creating monsters/stats? or do they explain it in game at some point? It sounds exciting, like the old CD method.

9. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering how tough this game can actually be. I remember Monster Rancher on the GBA being way too easy. Every monster I bred in that game easily won the Emperor Cup (and beyond) when I had good coaches along. Even had a Phoenix that had all stats at 999. The game got boring.

MRDS needs to step it up. My Flazer (Red Tiger) sweeped through Rank E and D with barely any effort in raising it. Hopefully the higher ranks will get more... 'Monster Rancher 2'-ish. Now that game was badass (even if it was unbalanced in terms of how long a monster lives depends on its breed).

Nice thing to note: Training types are less effective when done in consecutive weeks. It's mentioned in the game. Keep it in mind, future pro breeders.

10. sylar1000

You find the wild bounty monsters during Drilling Sessions, kill them in battle and get a cash reward

11. buchichu

I've heard a way to get new mons is to "catch" them in wild monster battles...not sure if/how this works. Ideas?

12. sylar1000

I don't think you can, a few on gamefaqs said you can only get them by making them or combing. Currently on my 3rd monster with my first 2 frozen.

13. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Well, epic disappointment.

I went through about three months rolling my first monster through some of those one month courses, and improving it in general. Through my DS into sleep mode, but apparently it isn't a very big power saver. Went to open my DS three or four hours later (usually nothing when in sleep mode), and my DS had shut off.

Now I get to redo all of that and get up to the week right before the big Rank E cup (which is where I had just gotten to).

My DS Phat sucks so hard. :/

14. sylar1000

Wouldn't it have been easier just to save and shut it off, seeing as how i don't think you get anything in game from putting it into power saver mode, no clue though.

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I tend to put it into sleep to avoid having to completely restart the cart, go down the games list, and wait for that to load. It has never been an issue in the past, but it seems nearly everything in my old DS is starting to go to crap. Sadly, my lite is still out of order until I get that case replacement I need.

I should have expected it though since I can't go more than about three hours anymore without the light going red.

I guess once the POS charges again, I'll bum rush through some of those courses and training and get myself back to that tourney.

16. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

That's what I have. He is a great monster except he keeps cheating at the defense training forcing me to scold him so he hates me all the time. Currently at C rank.

17. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Who ask you to scold him....You must give him some stone bought from the market to increase discipline, let him rest when tired.

18. Tomion

Tomion Well-Known Member

anyone know why when I tried to combine monster they become blue? (the new monster)

19. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

It is a three dimensional rare monster so you should be happy. It is a strong monster ;D

20. Tomion

Tomion Well-Known Member

really? rare? that's the only thing I get XD
    and too bad I cant use the mic to summon more monsters T_T (NO$Zoomer)