1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Obtaining a password

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Lephantome92, Oct 9, 2010.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

They aren't. Nintendo had to pull them due to harsh overheating issues. I don't think any ever actually caught on fire, but it certainly seemed like a risk with how hot those got. They also weren't the bet for sending out a wi-fi signal. You are far better off with an actual wireless router.

2. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Grr so there's no practical way I can get WiFi on my DS at home :( That saddens me. Greatly.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Blame Nintendo for not supporting modern wireless setups.

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Why is a WEP key such bad security ?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the encryption algorithm is flawed and extremely easy to brute force. I broke a 128bit wep key in under 5 minutes in a lab attack, my tutor did it in about 40 seconds.

6. Lephantome92

How long does it take for the WiFi adapter to be ready to cook an egg? If it's like more than an hour, I caould see if one of my friends still knows where his is (And, if I guess right, the software), since I think he has WEP, so her can use that.

7. Lephantome92

Well, Google didn't tell me how long I had ta wait for the thing ta preheat for cooking, but I found that I can download the most recent software, so if he has it, I can see if I can borrow it, if it's a good idea