1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Obama WINS!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renji217, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

LOL!! I agree!!

2. LS650

LS650 Member

Meh. I'm not so impressed by Obama - he strikes me as just another slick career politician.
    Whether he is really an "agent of change", hmmm... I guess we'll see in the years to come.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Obama is like the one black guy who hasn't spent time in jail, and when the tables are turned you pull stuff like this? That was a joke, you sensitive people. Your only real argument in defense of McCain is that he was a prisoner of war, and that he's a hero. Does this suddenly qualify every other POW to run for president? If not, I'm a bit lost on your efforts.

4. darksynyster

darksynyster Well-Known Member

I was not addressing the issue if he would be a good president or not. If you would read correctly my post I was addressing the issue that you mentioned that he was not a hero, which he is.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

In England, fighting in a war does not make you a hero. Neither does crashing aircraft, or getting captured, or even being tortured. In England you actually have to earn the title. Standing on the edge of the German trenches throwing hand grenades at them because your men have run out of ammo makes you a hero. Going back for your wounded batman despite being injured yourself makes you a hero. Lying on a live grenade that's about to detonate in order to protect your patrol mates makes you a hero.

6. darksynyster

darksynyster Well-Known Member

I'm sure you do. However, we are talking about America here. We have different values I guess. For me, any person that risks his life for his country and for people he doesn't even know is a hero.

7. razielleonhart

razielleonhart Well-Known Member

i dont think its good

8. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

Very true.

No greater love can a man have than this, to lay down his life for his fellow man.

9. Loonylion

neither of those heros actually died (well the first one died of natural causes 4 years ago, but that was nothing to do with what he did in WWII) The guy who lay on a grenade surprisingly survived the explosion with very minor injuries.

10. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

McCain is God Barack Obama is a satan

11. Loonylion

mccain is the antichrist actually, he was planning to fuck stuff up even more. Rob the poor to feed the rich.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Those are harsh remarks right there, but seriously, does McCain really have such dubious plots at hand?

As for the concept of a hero/ine, I believe everyone can be one, you don't need to go to war or kill terrorists & all that extreme examples. Just by being true to yourself & your beliefs & doing things that can help others is enough to be someones else's hero...

OK, that sounded corny & all but I believe that.

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

14. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Do not let this conversation turn into a flame war. If it does, I may need to lock this thread.

Honestly, on the point of black people being racist, they never enslaved white people. They never segregated whites from themselves or made them sit in the back of their buses. And don't use the argument "pfft, third world countries don't have buses". Because that's racism. :p

15. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

in my opinion Obama and McCain are both very good people, but in the end i wanted Obama to win because of ending the war. the only problem i have is that i find that people get so hyped up about him..... he's gonna get alot of pressure. if people expect more of him then he has to be more careful to not make any mistakes. just one mistake can change someone's opinion greatly.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

So you are going to bring things back from decades ago? The people who did that are about 70 and older, not many of them left either. And what about Malcolm X? He may have been angry but he went too far, like Hitler did..

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Are you serious? born2killx is trying to add balance to your stupidly racist-leaning argument. There are racist people from every ethnicity, but not all people from an ethnicity are racist. If you disagree with that, you are wrong, and me and you have a problem. Oh, and stop generalizing like you are, you're making me wanna cap a bitch. Kthx.

18. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Godwin's law. I'm just trying to prevent the argument from turning into a flame war.

19. LS650

LS650 Member

Actually, the Moors had white slaves.

20. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Ummm, weren't the Moors Muslim and of Arabian descent? They weren't really black, although I believe they had some interaction with North Africa. I believe what you're talking about is classic racist propaganda spawned by white supremacists, that has simply snowballed. Besides, their slaves were not slaved by race, really, and their slaves were just given the shitty jobs for the most part (low-rank military jobs, servants, stuff like that). They sure did have a lot of slaves though.

I could be totally off though. Shot in the dark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.